Consulting the council of sages. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Being that you're stationed in Columbia (Cartagena?) , do you have access to cheap body-work places where you can oversee the work?

What about a 70-series ? There were plenty in 'Sound of Freedom' :p

One question on South American vehicles. I know in Canada they have to have heater with
defrost to import believe it or not. I’ve seen some trucks without heaters. I presume these
trucks you are looking at are equipped as we expect?
Yes. They are. At least the ones I've seen. There are some absolutely wild frankenstein LC's down here that boggle the mind but the single family owned, like this one, tend to be more original and left alone. The downside if they are also mostly neglected. This one in particular has been left outside sitting for approx. 4 years with little use. I was surprised it cranked on the first try.

Being that you're stationed in Columbia (Cartagena?) , do you have access to cheap body-work places where you can oversee the work?

What about a 70-series ? There were plenty in 'Sound of Freedom' :p
Actually, yes. In my group there are some folks who have contacts with body techs that import to FJ. CO and i know one mechanic personally down here whose vehicles have been in Mecum and Barrett-Jackson. So there is talent and good work to be done down here but it’s few and far between and the prices vary. Albeit they are fractions of the price compared to stateside. Im in Bogota. But i travel all over for work. Great movie, by the way.

Last edited:
You won't regret walking/running away from that one. Be patient, there are a lot of nice 60's out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom