Who likes power windows and door locks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, who likes power windows and door locks (and electric mirrors ) in an FJ62?

I have ordered manual window/lock parts for my FJ62. I am also going to install australian mirrors. Should I keep the parts for the power windows/locks/mirrors in case I ever decide to sell my rig?

Andrew

I love mine. Dont know why you would want to step back in time. Not all fj62's had PW and PDL. So you dont have to keep them, but it might help sell your vehicle since most people associate 62's with power options.

I would keep em. I like the power windows and door locks of my 62. If you want to find out what it will be like not to have them, try to lower the front passenger window while sitting in the driver's seat. :)

If you decide to sell your mirrors, I would like to buy them. I need a new one for the drivers side of my 62

If you do sell them, I also am interested. I need drivers door switch and passenger mirrorr.
Dave

I like the idea of what you are doing. To me, it is nice to have a simple, reliable vehicle with as few electric motors as possible. I'd hang on to those parts though, since people who are in the 62 market typically like those creature comforts of power locks, windows, and mirrors. Just my thought.

I never liked electric windows and don't plan to ever own a car that has them. The electric mirrors, IF they're reliable , are nice to have,IMO.

I like them on the 100, but I like manual on the 60. :D

I think I will keep the power door parts after reading your posts. I am going to make the manual conversion, but I might want to go back. Of course if I do sell, I will give you fine folks first shot at he parts.

Thanks.

Andrew

Im with simplicity when it comes to the 60 or the 40. But I do like them in the wifes 4Runner.

Hodag

The power windows I could do without, especially since they've gotten slower over the years, but the power locks are the bomb, especially when your passengers don't know the trick of pulling up on the handle.

Mine never had power mirrors (Typical Third World hodge-podge of specs).

I have both and wouldnt own a vihicle without em...

Chicago

Yeah, a passenger side power mirror would be great. I wouldn't take off the power mirrors. You can adjust the mirrors manually whether the motors work or not, so in effect you already have manual mirrors!
I'm adding aftermarket power locks to my 60. I thought about adding power windows, but the crank is more reliable. I looked into getting aftermarket power windows that would allow me to keep the crank (so I could use power or manual), but it doesn't look like that exists.

Exiled said:
The power windows I could do without, especially since they've gotten slower over the years, but the power locks are the bomb, especially when your passengers don't know the trick of pulling up on the handle.

Mine never had power mirrors (Typical Third World hodge-podge of specs).

Get some GM silicone paste, treat the rubbers, and also pull apart the master control switch. Bet your contact point that the rockers connect with are carboned up. Made a world of difference to Petra's HJ61 when they were cleaned and scuffed.

I am cautious about pw for an expedition/wheeling rig. I have them on my BJ74, and before Alaska I am going to ensure I have a seat belt cutter, and window punch velco'd somewhere handy. At least with the pd's you can pull up the lock from the inside. I do not like the worst case scario of having a water crossing go bad, losing the window controls for some reason, and no way to lower the windows. Pm's are very nice. Pw's sure are handy all other times though!

gb

I'm with daddyo. I just swapped my power window/locks/mirrors for manual. Pulled what's left of the airconditioning too. That space will be better used for OBA.

I'm sending this message froma 10BT FDX connection but I never take it into the mud.

Greg_B, you just described the exact scenario that made me decide to stick with manual windows. I thought I was being paranoid. Nice to know other people are thinking the same thing. Or maybe we're both paranoid...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom