who know sailboat? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dohcdelsol93

snoogans
Threads
going to blue ridge GA tomorrow after work to pick up a 70's model Macgregor Venture 21 sailboat.

Needs new sails, painting and running/standing rigging (rigging is ok from what i've been told but i'm replacing all questionable parts)

also needs a good paint job.

Anyone here know sailboats? This is my first sailboat, still hanging onto my bass boat. Just want to get into camping on the water. Not spending 75 bucks everytime i put the boat in the water is also very nice.

I am going to need the expert help of someone that knows how to run all the rigging so i can see what all is there and what i need. I also need to find out how to measure for sails. I'll be looking for used sails. Venture 21 sails will be hard to find used in good shape but many other 20-23ft sailboat sails will fit.

I need to run it solo so i need info on running all rigging back to the cockpit.

yaaaay!! Now go and build that back bumper to haul it with and sell me your hitch!!!

Sailing is a huge learning curve, but not rocket surgery. You can msg me for contact info or get it from Marshall.

hey I got some old vcr tapes around here somewhere. They are on racing...fair game when I find them.
They are quite informative

painting the cabin/topside this weekend/early next week depending on rain.

Then pulling out to my dads place to put her up on an a frame and do a bottom coat job and rolling a custom trailer under her.

Once the paint job is done i need some professional opnions on rigging/hardware for mast/sails/deck (standing and running rigging) if any of it looks questionable i want it replaced.

Hoping to get sails by next weekend.

pics??

once again i'm too lazy to take pics!

i'll work on getting some later today if the rain holds off.

Right now she's getting some serious sanding done.

Got all the topcoat/cabin paint. As soon as i'm done sanding and cleaning she's ready to be sprayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom