Who else is buying a new or even used when available (last of the mohicans!) 2021 LC 200 series as last model year? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Traded 2013 with 2020 with all options ticked. Good for another 7-10 yrs of adventuresView attachment 2420584

2016-up LX570 + OEM 21" rims = sexy & elegant IMHO. Very stately & solid looking whenever i see one on the road. I know that there are negative ramifications with off-road with the 2016+ design and 21" rims, but it is my favorite LX570 design out of all of them in terms of looks...certainly won't be confused with a Highlander!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I was just curious as I made the decision to buy my dream vehicle, the 200 series again (i did own shortly before moving to NYC) in 2015. Anyway, we all know the 300 series is coming and we know it will most likely have a V6 turbo engine and will look different. I am sure it will be incredible but.....

No one knows exactly what it will be, but we all do know 99% anyway, this is the last year of the 200 series.

Two questions for the group please:

1. Are any of you planning to buy the last year model of this 200 series because you want to own the last 200 series model?
2. What will history say/think/value about the 200 series in 10 years. How will it be remembered well into the 300 series production.

I have mine on order and hoping it arrives in a few weeks.

I plan to keep mine "forever" and I have looked at every other option for a large SUV. In fact, I went though every option out there (or most) and will post another post soon with the thought process/strengths/weaknesses of other competitors as I see them.

I am a huge Toyota guy, since I was a teenager. I have owned 5 Toyotas (old supra, 4runners, mr2 and LC) over my lifetime and my dream car was to always own and daily drive a land cruiser. I own a GT3 but I rarely drive it, like almost never so this LC will essentially be the only car my wife and I own/use.

I am super excited to be part of this great forum.
PS-If anyone/member/friend needs anything in the Tampa Bay/Clearwater area, I am most happy to help with anything, look at a LC, etc, very happy to help. I also have a very close relationship with the GM of a major Toyota dealer and he's a super nice guy and I would be happy to make a call/or put in a word for anyone here who is looking for a new LC or any toyota for that matter.

Thanks and I look forward to the comments and thoughts from my post..
Eric
I purchased a 2020 Heritage Edition in White about 3 weeks ago, nothing to do with last model year (or close) but because it's what I wanted, that's all. Front windows tinted, now on to tires and sliders/rails. :)

Since this is a tech forum, does anyone know if there are new features or tech on the '21 HE? Anyone have plans to do any projects on their new HE?

If I get one, it is getting the full treatment that my '13 has. Same basic thing, but no miles and less rusty!

I'm with you on black rims, but if you want a cool box (and rear seats), it seems like you might be better off with the regular model.
I was thinking the same thing.

I'm with you on black rims, but if you want a cool box (and rear seats), it seems like you might be better off with the regular model.
^^Exactly. If you want cool box and 3rd row, get the regular model, which will give you better leather seats as well.

Have you asked your friend, who is the GM of a Toyota dealer, for his thoughts on your question ? Ask him when we can put a deposit on a 300 😁

Better leather seats? Can you explain as I just ordered a 2021
Heritage Edition seats get special stitching but aren’t the semi-aniline leather that comes in Base model landcruisers in the US. It seems to be more like the leather in 08-15 cruisers.

Heritage Edition seats get special stitching but aren’t the semi-aniline leather that comes in Base model landcruisers in the US. It seems to be more like the leather in 08-15 cruisers.
Man I didn’t know that. Really doesnt make sense. The HE is the flagship model/trim and it has cheaper leather? Maybe I’ll change my order

Man I didn’t know that. Really doesnt make sense. The HE is the flagship model/trim and it has cheaper leather? Maybe I’ll change my order

Explain to me how some colored wheels and a Yakima rack make it a flagship?

Personally, i am not sure why HE commands a premium over "base" model. It's a great model to have in line-up...but why the premium? I think that Toyota would make a killing if they made HE cheaper...still special, but more honing in on the "less is more" philosophy.

Explain to me how some colored wheels and a Yakima rack make it a flagship?

Well, the BBS rims are forged rims...so, that does command extra $$. But the savings on the cooler easily offset the cost of those rims. The cooler is an expensive part...may cost even more than those BBS rims! No aluminum running boards...again, savings...this could easily offset the Yakima rack. No 3rd row...so, less materials and leather.

So, why the premium? For the decals?

I just think that Toyota really miss the boat on the HE....price it cheaper, like how Lexus LX570 2-row is a significant savings over 3-row. Maybe price the HE around MSRP $75K...since most cruisers can be had for $80k (or less) anyways.

To be fair, because i have the required number of children, i would give my left nut for those BBS rims....

People have disagreed on this but at least a few people that have owned both 08-15 and 16+ feel the earlier leather wore better. Then again madtiger will post that the later stuff is better. So take that for what it’s worth.
It would be surprising to me if they did the earlier leather solely for the unique stitching.. “more durable” for their more “rugged” suv makes sense in theory, but this is 100% speculation and they haven’t marketed it that way.

But yes a HE is essentially a decontented base with special wheels, more center console storage, headlights, grille, badging, and a roof rack that no one wants. If I were in the market that is definitely what I’d be buying.

Not really a flagship trim per say. There are some on here that like the leather that comes in the HE better. They feel it will last longer than the other. I have no opinion on this because I have not compared the two leathers.

I’ll just point out that the earlier leather wears like iron, so even IF the new/nice stuff isn’t as durable, as long as it’s maintained I’m sure it’ll go forever. It’s usually the maintenance part of the equation that is left out on vehicles with trashed leather.

If I could get a new cruiser with cloth seats I would.. personally.

I’ll just point out that the earlier leather wears like iron, so even IF the new/nice stuff isn’t as durable, as long as it’s maintained I’m sure it’ll go forever. It’s usually the maintenance part of the equation that is left out on vehicles with trashed leather.

If I could get a new cruiser with cloth seats I would.. personally.
I had a 19 and was a bit surprised how fast it showed wear. What do you guys use for keeping it like new?

I had a 19 and was a bit surprised how fast it showed wear. What do you guys use for keeping it like new?
I recently worked over my 150k mile 2013 leather with leatherique and the results are amazing. But, this is more in the context of deep cleaning and rehydrating. I plan to keep it hydrated with this stuff, but there may be better products for brand new leather.
I just track some auto detailing oriented forums and a common theme is that most leather wear can be mitigated by keeping it well hydrated.

People have disagreed on this but at least a few people that have owned both 08-15 and 16+ feel the earlier leather wore better. Then again madtiger will post that the later stuff is better. So take that for what it’s worth.

Actually, it is not me that said anything...but rather, owners who have had both that stated the semi-aniline wears better. YMMV

Last edited:
To each his own of course, but I’m surprised at the desire for the HE trucks. From a looks standpoint I prefer the standard wheels over the bronze, I much prefer the standard leather (especially in terra), I use the cool box constantly, and am happy to have a third row from time to time. The HE is a stripped down version that costs more. Makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom