Who else is buying a new or even used when available (last of the mohicans!) 2021 LC 200 series as last model year? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Correct, Southeast Toyota. Any Toyota bought in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, and South Carolina are distributed by Southeast Toyota.

New to the forums, but have been searching for a nice used LC for a few months now and finally found one that I should hopefully call mine this coming Saturday. 2010 with 87k miles on it, super well maintained and amazing service records and history 1 Owner Car. I don't make the kind of $$ to get anything really newer or with ultra low milage but I'm extremely excited I got this and it should be a great truck for another 10-15 years!
I second this. Same here. I honestly have no willingness (cash) to drop the $80kplus for a brand new one. Just traded in my 2017 4runner Trd Pro in cement gray (that I loved) for a Magnetic gray/terra 2018 LC200 with 40k miles (zero regrets although I still love the cement color). I totally get the new car smell and feeling, but the depreciation (although not huge with LCs) is still there and hurts like hell when you drive out the door (at least for me). If these cars go on for 300k miles, one with 40k, 60k or even 80k miles is barely out of the "toddler phase". The pre-owned deals are out there in case you are poor like me ;) and albeit these LCs will have some history if you are patient and cold-blooded enough to dig (a whole lot) around without pulling the trigger too soon, you will find great deals.

I can tell ya that you won't have near the depreciation in a LC that you do in a lot of other vehicles. After my trade in of my 17 to my new HE, after 66k miles I only paid $17k difference to upgrade. This last year will be worth more as it is the last year and the HE will be worth even more. There's really no right or wrong way to go, just whatever you want to do to justify getting or not getting one lol.

My ‘16 LC has 78k on the clock and I’m contemplating trading it in for a 2021. I’d always planned to keep the ‘16 “forever“ but have zero history of keeping a vehicle that long. The LC has been virtually flawless since day one (sans the early trans reflash and the head unit cooling fan), but I don’t want to find myself regretting passing on a new one once they’re gone. We‘ve been a Toyota family for years - have had five 4Runners, three Siennas and a Highlander between my wife and I before the LC but have never kept any of them for more than a few years. There really is nothing else better out there than the LC in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom