White smoke at idle with AC ( in drive mode ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. I have a 80 series ( 1hdft) I recently got my pump serviced but the guys kinda destroyed it. No power at low rpm and it started getting worse. I now bought a used diesel pump. Got my rings and valves done. Engine is perfect now. But my land cruiser has smoke while in gear at idle with AC on. When in drive it has no smoke at all ( a little at down speed ) any idea what can cause it. The old pump caused the similar issue. The smoke is whitish and it's a auto transmission

838C655D-34BC-4CA8-9791-0E47D1CB1053.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not mean to post these pictures except for the last one
Hello everyone. I have a 80 series ( 1hdft) I recently got my pump serviced but the guys kinda destroyed it. No power at low rpm and it started getting worse. I now bought a used diesel pump. Got my rings and valves done. Engine is perfect now. But my land cruiser has smoke while in gear at idle with AC on. When in drive it has no smoke at all ( a little at down speed ) any idea what can cause it. The old pump caused the similar issue. The smoke is whitish and it's a auto transmission

I did not mean to post these pictures except for the last one
You can delete the unwanted pictures by selecting the “…” at the bottom left side of your post, selecting edit, then clicking on the “x” in the upper right corner of the pictures you don’t want. Then select “Save”.

As for your smoke issue, I’m not familiar with diesels, but you might try posting your question in the diesel section.

White smoke could be unburnt fuel, water, or oil in the cylinders. Have you checked your oil and coolant for contamination? What does the smoke smell like fuel or oil? What color is your tailpipe? Is the tailpipe wet with black oily residue or condensation?

Last edited:
Here’s a couple threads that might help? Reading these threads makes it sound like it’s unburnt fuel.

You can delete the unwanted pictures by selecting the “…” at the bottom left side of your post, selecting edit, then clicking on the “x” in the upper right corner of the pictures you don’t want. Then select “Save”.

As for your smoke issue, I’m not familiar with diesels, but you might try posting your question in the diesel section.

White smoke could be unburnt fuel, water, or oil in the cylinders. Have you checked your oil and coolant for contamination? What does the smoke smell like fuel or oil? What color is your tailpipe? Is the tailpipe wet with black oily residue or condensation?

I don't have the option to delete but thankfully a moderator deleted it for me. Thank you for deleting those. Here in my country the mechanical labour is really cheap so I can go anytime and checked any problem. But the problem is the diagnosis. I have just received a used pump. Got my engine rings changed( though they were OK. ) turbo is fine so now I don't know what's causing it.

You have functioning AC.
I am principally at odds to be of any assistance. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom