White fj60 in Vermont? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have my 60 parked out of view from the road and weather and until I fix my backup lights I cannot drive it legally as I need an inspection. That FJ55 is rough but that guy has had it forever and uses it to plow the driveway. When I was in Highschool 25 years ago I asked him about it one day....so I'd say that its holding up remarkably well.

my house is on RT4 in Bridgewater. Should be the only green house in town.

I remember seeing it there years ago (sometimes out front and sometimes tucked away in that shed in the back yard) and then I didn't see it for years. I always figure he probably gave in to people asking if it was for sale. I was surprised to see it.

I'm assuming your reverse lights are more serious than just blown bulbs?

Yes. I’ve checked both bulbs and they seem to be fine. The fuse is also good. I have not had a chance to check for voltage at the housing or ground when it’s in reverse. I am guessing it’s probably the switch. Just have not had a chance to dig into it.

Wait, there are other 60's in VT???

If you see a gold one in Southern VT (Dover based), it's me. Hopefully see you guys on the road some day.

sean

There is an 87 rootbeer 60 for sale on Craigslist down near Brattleboro for $3000. I posted the ad in the classifieds section but it looks like it could be worth the $3k. I can't spring for any toys at this point in time.

Saw this one in Mendon for years....then one day it was gone. I think it was waiting for an engine swap and that was finally completed. Just happened to be looking in same area on street view and saw it.

Saw the white VT FJ go by again. This is getting to be like my great white whale.

I have a lead on the case....

So yesterday when the mystery cruiser drove by I noted it was 1) a Wednesday and 2) had an orange road bike on the roof. The Wednesday was significant because it indicated to me that this was someone likely to be local to my area and the bike was significant because I don't normally see it on the roof.....so I figured this was someone coming back from an afternoon group bike ride. I reached out to one of my friends and asked if he knew anyone with an orange road bike who drove a white 80's land cruiser. He fired back that he did know someone and he sent me the name. I have reached out to said person and will post pics hopefully soon.

Nah, I haven't setup any tracking drones or planted any cameras yet.

I work in Montpelier and drive a red 88 FJ62 and for the first time saw a silver 60 series with Safari badging on it. Looked nice and never seen it before. There is a very beat up and rusty silver 62 that some youngin' drives to U32 but this was definitely not that FJ. Had VT plates. Anyone?

Since I've driven mine to work a few times now, one of the sales people I work with tells me that there is a white one that looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor here in Rutland. I have a rough idea where he's talking about, but have not taken a drive out that way to look for it. If mine was that nice, it would be in the garage nice and safe, so I'm thinking it'll be luck if I actually see it.

Missed these old replies. I’ve not seen a showroom white 60 anywhere around rutland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom