which lift for my LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
I have a 1996 lx450 i just got it about a month ago. im not new to land cruisers as i have had 2 fj40s in the past. I use my lx450 every day as a daily driver where i drive about 80miles a day and its mostly high speeds like 65 and up. Considering all this what lift do you guys suggest? I need more travel and clearance off road. I am thinking 2 inch lift will hold me but i want to make sure im not going to regret it on the road. ive heard that some heavy duty spring lift kit actually might be better on the road because apparently the stock springs are so soft the truck is tipsy what you guys think? :)

thanks ive been there before what do you think for rate wise heavy duty or the softer one?
also have you ever installed a life on a fzj80? how hard are they?

[quote author=lx450landcruiser link=board=2;threadid=5591;start=msg44131#msg44131 date=1064336521]
also have you ever installed a life on a fzj80? how hard are they?
[/quote]

If I could do it, you probably can too.

I think the medium setup would be fine, unless you plan on adding a bunch of accessories later. When you order your lift, ask Christo what he recommends based on your use. Yes, I've also swapped springs myself and it's pretty simple, I rented some MacPhearson strut compressors from Auto Zone, that was the only tool I didn't have.

You do not need spring a compressor. Just follow the directions on Christo's web site. 1 :banana: job if the lower shock bolts are not rusted.
-B-

Call Christo and tell him what you're fixin to do with the new to you beater. He will hook you up and knows his stuff.

Then put some swampers on it. :flipoff2:

Welcome. :flipoff2:

I recently did the "stock ride height" medium duty OME set-up on my 97 LX450. It was supposed to increase the ride height about 1/2", but current measurements are a little under 2". My guess is that's because the old springs were a little worn and sagging a bit under normal stock ride height.

My truck is a daily driver. The OME eliminated the body roll completely. It's shocking how much faster I can drive the truck on the street now and feel in complete control. :D Although I don't know if that's a good thing or not. ???

Since you are doing an 80 mile round trip to work, you should probably seriously question a heavy duty OME spring. Mine are not terribly harsh, but they are in no way supple either. I would not be able to handle a heavier spring on my daily driver. Ride harshness is completely subjective of course, what might feel harsh to me, might not for you.

Good luck,
Mike
:beer:

You need to further refine your needs/wants. If you are adding nothing to the vehicle, an OME 851/860 wuld be hard to beat. If you intend to have a winch and maybe a blower or dual batteries, go 850's on the front. If you intend to add a rear bar/tire carrier or fuel tank or tow a heavy trailer or haul a lot of stuff on the trail, go 863's. If you have a 44 gal aux tank and Slee rear bar/carrier and drawers with recovery stuff spilling out and a trailer, go 864's.

My observations.

PS, Currently 850/863 with Stock shocks :slap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom