Which cabin air filter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm putting together a parts list for 150K mile re-baseline PM winter project. I see two cabin air filters (2013 LC). Does it matter which one?

I use an activated carbon one. The filter elements are inexpensive on Amazon.

Here is the one I just put in my '16: EPAuto CP285 (CF10285) Premium...
Amazon product ASIN B014TYRQUY

Nope; any new one that fits the LC tray is way better than the used one! Just put it in recirc before opening that door!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Activated charcoal from local NAPA in the sprig and fall. I've btdt with the door...bought it with 50K on it. Dealer who serviced her just before I bought her noted cabin filter replaced...without checking the door position. The door was in circulate mode and I was very luck to get it to snap back on its linkage.

Morons or not enough coffee (or maybe too much).

Cleaned a mouse nest off of mine yesterday, just ordered one of these:

Amazon product ASIN B016WXKDKK
It'll be here Monday. If it fits well and does what it's supposed to do, I'll order another one so I always have a spare.

Besides the CAF install, the other thing I'm gonna do on Monday is make a "cage" for the top of the fresh air intake out of 1/4" hardware screen, so the bastids can't get in there again.

Wouldn’t put anything other than OEM in for the engine.

Cleaned a mouse nest off of mine yesterday, just ordered one of these:

Amazon product ASIN B016WXKDKK
It'll be here Monday. If it fits well and does what it's supposed to do, I'll order another one so I always have a spare.

Besides the CAF install, the other thing I'm gonna do on Monday is make a "cage" for the top of the fresh air intake out of 1/4" hardware screen, so the bastids can't get in there again.
How did these work for you? About to order...

I got mine, carbon activate cabin filter, from rockauto for less than $10. Carbon activate filter air with less odor.

F221CB02-285A-4DBE-B7B3-578030AC179D.png

How did these work for you? About to order...

They fit fine. I've been on a couple of short drives, not far. They seem pretty "thick" if that makes sense. Wondering if the airflow rate (cfm) is the same, but not sure how to check. Defrost had no trouble keeping the windshield melted driving through a nasty storm on Saturday. Nasty enough that the headlights kept getting covered over, and I got the usual "PCS IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE" on the cluster, from the radar sensor being covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom