Which bed to use on a J-45? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.pvcruisers.com
So I'm thinking about getting a J-45 Pick up. Based on pictures I see floating around it seems stock beds are hard to come by....

2 Questions:

1) Source for repo stock beds?

2) What works and looks good as a substitute to the stock bed?

Thanks

Seth

crushers said:
Gozzard fiberglass bed is the best bang for the buck... and it won't rust...

Thanks, but I am looking for a metal bed either aluminum or steel repo...

Would a mini truck bed work?

curious, why if you are thinking of aluminum you won't consider fiberglass?
please, at least check out his site.

http://www.gozzardcomposites.com/40series.html
he just finished the box... if i remember correctly and his product blows aluminum right out of the water for attention to detail, strength and weight...
but if you are dead set against fiberglass, please just ignore me...
cheers

crushers said:
curious, why if you are thinking of aluminum you won't consider fiberglass?
please, at least check out his site.

http://www.gozzardcomposites.com/40series.html
he just finished the box... if i remember correctly and his product blows aluminum right out of the water for attention to detail, strength and weight...
but if you are dead set against fiberglass, please just ignore me...
cheers

WOW he make's 45 beds now too? COOL :cool:

Seth,

Marv has a nice selection of rust free late model LWB 45 beds. Complete with headache racks and tailgates too.

Dave

OK...so how much does Marv want for these boxes & tailgates?

Adam

I don't know what year 45 you are looking at but if its a long box and newer than '74. I don't think that factory boxes suited the cab very well. Once they changed the lines on the door the trucks looked mismatched. I far prefer the 75 series beds but have only seen a few pictures of them on 45s. I don't know how they would be to install.

When I was at Gozzards last month, I don't think the beds were ready. From what I remember they were still being worked on (could be wrong though). Tell ya what though, after getting the tour of his place, being there and seeing parts in the molds and being pulled out etc, I would rather have one of his than a regular steel bed. His stuff is awesome.

Junk said:
When I was at Gozzards last month, I don't think the beds were ready. From what I remember they were still being worked on (could be wrong though). Tell ya what though, after getting the tour of his place, being there and seeing parts in the molds and being pulled out etc, I would rather have one of his than a regular steel bed. His stuff is awesome.

I was at Mikes a couplea weeks ago. To date he still hasn't made the boxes yet, but all it would take would be a couple of eager customers and he would get it done in short order (or so he said....)

I agree, his stuff is amazing.

Adam

you were there probably around the same time i was. was the LJ71 out front or was it gone already?
cheers

crushers said:
you were there probably around the same time i was. was the LJ71 out front or was it gone already?
cheers

LJ71 was out front. Mike started it up, sounded great, great looking truck. Talked about it for quite a while. Is this the one that you have left at your dads place?

Adam

yep, that is the one we booted around in. it ran great for us although i need to get the AC looked at. we took it to Elmwood to get Crown'd and they do a FANTASTIC job. i am really impressed. all the cruisers i send that way will be getting their rust proofing done there.

thanks for the compliments

next time we are down there we will have to get together with all the cruiser heads...
cheers

they need to make some flares for a 70 series, any Ideas on where I can get some? Does everyone grease under there fender flares, or is it better not too?

As for the Krown Wayne, I wouldn't go anywhere else anymore, have you seen what that stuff will do with water droplets, it will creep right under them and form a barrier in between the metal and water. Making it work so well that even if water is present in your body/frame, if it is a wet day or you just went across a river or something, it will still do just as good of a job as it would if it was dry as a bone.

I like it alot, only thing I hate about oil is it makes everything on your truck so oily to work on, but hey at least everything isn't all seized!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom