Where to get engine/undercarriage cleaned (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arcteryx

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.cruiseryard.com
Anyone know of a place that will clean the undercarriage of a vehicle? I have lots of dirt grease and grime.

This likely won't help but I contacted a few Austin area detailers and asked if they knew of anyone doing steam cleaning of engine bays and frame/drivetrain/etc.. no one had heard of anyone in town doing such a thing so far.

From the pics I've seen steam cleaning on a lift seems to be what we need to find..

I've seen folks just put their rig on a lift and power wash it from underneath. Put on a raincoat and go to town :) Right Jimmy @CenTXFJ60 ? :)

Did you ever get a lift, Jason?

imageuploadedbyih8mud-forum1449634729-707284-jpg.1173507

I too would like to know. I had a leaky steering rack for a couple months. I am getting the rack and hoses done next week, but once it's finished, there is a lot of ATF drippings that need to get cleaned off in the bay. I went to Genie Car Wash on Burnet, and paid for the Engine Bay cleaning, but all they did was hose off anything visible on top. Complete waste of $50. DON'T do that.

Yes I have a lift, I could do that, just messy.

That broom is pretty cool, wonder how well it would work on a muddy/greasy truck?

Maybe I’ll call a detailer I’ve used and see what his thoughts are and if he can do it.

Might want to consider looking into one of thos mobile unit services that come to the house. Some have trailer mounted hot water washers.

That power washer broom might come in handy after Round Up :) Check it out @Sea Knight and @patride71 LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom