Where to buy ACTUAL Magnaflow 23120 cat? Not Bosal. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Slightly off topic but not at the same time. Is it possible to run the magnaflow y-pipe with just the single cat on obd2 and not throw a code? I plan to do over the frame at some point and having one cat makes things simpler. I plan to have a exhaust shop make everything after the cat including the down stream o2 sensor.

Slightly off topic but not at the same time. Is it possible to run the magnaflow y-pipe with just the single cat on obd2 and not throw a code? I plan to do over the frame at some point and having one cat makes things simpler. I plan to have a exhaust shop make everything after the cat including the down stream o2 sensor.

I haven't done it but LOTS here have reported no CEL issues running the single cat aside from not being able to pass a visual inspection.

In Vermont they just inspect that there is indeed a cat and that there is no CEL so I should be good. Thank you

Received mine from the above E-Bay link :

RPiO9n.jpg

dLzn7E.jpg

dLzn7E.jpg

Got the 2nd Cat from World Pac

YoMCQW.jpg

Ct0YS2.jpg
got mine too, was the correct one as well. Got it installed, broke the stud on the last one. Had to order a flange to hook up from the cat to the pipe going over the frame. So won't be done until saturday now.

Yeah, you guys are lucky. I saw the eBay link and it showed that he had sold 5 in 24 hours so I just happened to get one that was drop shipped from Magnaflow. I reached out to the seller and this was the response:

Magnaflow owns Bosal and they are starting to consolidate their operations. That converter is actually a newer design than the Magnaflow. It is all stainless and mandrel bent (like Magnaflow), butt uses the newer spun cat technology with an integral heat shield. Magnaflow will be making them like this at some point in the future. In the meantime, they shouldn't be shipping out Bosal converters in a Magnaflow box (they agree).

I instructed Magnaflow to ship you out the Magnaflow branded version and to have the Bosal converter picked up by Fedex. They said they will ship the new one out tomorrow.

Thank you.

Hopefully this solves it. I can’t believe they really are trying to say that Bosal crap was better then the original part. On the chance it doesn’t, I ordered one through Oreilly’s and we will give that a shot. Otherwise, I may just buy a couple of Cats and have a muffler shop fab them up.

So I picked up a actual Magnaflow Cat and y-pipe from Oreilly's yesterday. The difference between the Bosal and the Magnaflow is quit obvious. At this point, Best case scenario, I get an original one from Magnaflow and ship the Bosal back to them. Then I just take the Magnaflow back to Oreilly's or sell it if somebody wants it. If nothing comes from Magnaflow, I'll ship the Bosal back the ebay seller and go from there or return the bosal to Oreillys as I guess it's the same part number.

Cut out the rear y pipe over the frame on my 94 and welded in a 2.5 90 off an old chevy, ordered a 2.5 flange and it didn't fit right. The diameter was correct but the outside was not the same, holes didn't line up. Had to cut out the holes. Made some new hangers and called it a day. Primed and painted them when I got home.

20180512_140952.jpg

Anyone happen to remember the Ebay seller's name? That link is broken unfortunately and I'm in the midst of dealing with this exact issue. Thanks.

Anyone happen to remember the Ebay seller's name? That link is broken unfortunately and I'm in the midst of dealing with this exact issue. Thanks.

The Ebay vendor was Royalty Parts Plus and it looks like they are no longer on Ebay, storefront is deactivated.

Just received what was said to be a Magnaflow 23120 non carb from an Amazon seller named Apex Performance. Opened the package and received a Bosal. The fck'n Y flanges are nearly touching one another.

Already processed my return slip and will be taking it to UPS tomorrow.

I bought the "Last Two" that Royalty Parts Plus had that where supposed to be actual MF......they were not and now have a paypal dispute over it because they bailed out of ebay immediately after that purchase....ebay wont cover it. I still need a real one.

I bought the "Last Two" that Royalty Parts Plus had that where supposed to be actual MF......they were not and now have a paypal dispute over it because they bailed out of ebay immediately after that purchase....ebay wont cover it. I still need a real one.

Royalty handled the return with Magnaflow on mine. Magnaflow drop shipped an original one and resolved it. As a precaution I had purchased one from Oreilly Auto parts and it was the original style. I offered it up local and didn't have any takers so I returned it a while back. Maybe an option if you have one close.

When this first happened to me months ago, I was sure that MF would have made it right for me. I sent in pictures, called, sent more emails, wrote terrible reviews on their website...(which keep getting deleted) I'm shocked after all that, and now even more threads where others are experiencing the same thing....that they never once apologized to me or sent me a new one in a box. My plan of attack is to keep writing reviews on their site, on amazon, and tell whoever will listen to stay away. Worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

Just received my Magnaflow 23120 from Amazon. Amazon was the seller of this order and it is in fact a 23120 and not a Bosal. If you plan on using the link on Amazon my advice is to choose Amazon as the seller and not one of the other sellers unless you explicitly inquire with them first.

The previous one I ordered off Amazon was from a different seller and arrived a Bosal. I returned it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom