Where in blazes is it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw an aluminum replacement dash panel that holds 2 large gauges ( Speed and Tach) and 4 small gauges, but now I can't find it on the web....... It was about 99 bucks and had an arched top. It also required a little "cutting" of the stock FJ 40 dashboard to get it to fit. Anyone seen this on the web?

I saw that on E-bay a while back and printed it out. Contact is CTS Inc 303-838-4772. Let me know how you make out. I an a few months (years?) from getting my dash back together but thought it was a good set-up.

$5 aluminum plate
$free-borrow a friends hole saw kit
$free-borrow same friends jig saw
$free-borrow file from another friend
2 hours of quality time in your garage? PRICELESS

[quote author=Archengine link=board=1;threadid=7697;start=msg64487#msg64487 date=1069129725]
$5 aluminum plate
$free-borrow a friends hole saw kit
$free-borrow same friends jig saw
$free-borrow file from another friend
2 hours of quality time in your garage? PRICELESS
[/quote]

Exactly, I found if you stare at something long enough, you'll find a better, cheaper solution than most vendors offer. This is why I enjoy my 40 so much, true inner peace is achieved lying on the garage floor, letting the imagination go wild or something like that.

Sounds pretty Zen to me Steve, but I know what you mean. I mean you've got very little to lose, Citabria. If you have a drillpress or access to one, you're in tall cotton. Even if you don't have some of the tools that make it easier, I'll bet you know someone who does. Most of us who attempt to fab things have a serious bone pile to show for our efforts, but I even recycle from it, too. If you find a fabricator, you can probably beg a scrap of aluminum. Trace a template from your glovebox door and get busy with a sabresaw with a metalcutting blade(s) and safety glasses. Cut wide of your line and finish it off with a file and/or a belt sander. Mark your hole centers and get out the holesaw.
Keep us posted!
Ed Long

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom