Where Has Your 80 Taken You?: 80 Series Camping/Overland/Adventure Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@danakittilsen how do you like your cruisin off road bumper ? Which model is that and do you have some more pictures ?
@half k cruiser I just noticed I neglected to include my front bumper in my build thread. I can get some more pictures. I think of Jason's lay down winch bumper, for an 80 series, obviously. It's a wicked bumper for sure. I love Jason's work and will happily keep buying armor from him.

@danakittilsen That's good to hear. I've been meaning to drive up to Chiliwack for some sliders.

I've heard nothing but good things about his sliders. I'm on the same boat hoping to grab a set from him in the future.

@danakittilsen how do you like your cruisin off road bumper ? Which model is that and do you have some more pictures ?
IMG_20150818_090352.jpg

IMG_20150818_090414.jpg

Goonies was mostly further south, in Oregon. Similar looking coastline though.. incredible place.

Rialto beach a few hours south of cape flattery is epic as well.

I think Rialto or Ruby will be my next trip to the Olympic Coast. Wish Washington's coast was all publicly owned like Oregon and Hawaii. Really limits the camping options.

We just finished a looong road trip from NC to CO and UT and back. We did the alpine loop through the San Juan mountains as well as the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands NP. Absolutely beautiful part of the US.

Top of Hurricane Pass I think?

White Rim Trail at Schafer campground

IMG_4561_zpsbbwoe0ve.jpg

Sunset Cabins - Grand Marais - Lk Superior

IMG_4543_zpsbiomhotb.jpg

Sunset Motel- St Ignace- Lake Michigan
IMG_4566_zpswpwo3lhk.jpg

Lake Superior Brewery- Grand Marais

great idea, you can finish the case of beer and snack on peanuts without ever getting up from your campfire chair. Aren't the big ones more comfortable, though? :D

I think Rialto or Ruby will be my next trip to the Olympic Coast. Wish Washington's coast was all publicly owned like Oregon and Hawaii. Really limits the camping options.

This is coming from a guy from Texas, but Rialto last september was one of the most surreal places I've ever been. Between the pebble beach, giant old-growth trees that had fallen into the surf and polished, then deposited back on the beach, banana slugs, etc.. what a place.

Took a Trip from NW OH --> UP Michigan with Wife and 2 month son with Boat
Only about 50 miles Off Road, but still nice
IMG_4595_zpsrcsyf7rx.jpg

IMG_4653_zpsmsfa5yog.jpg

IMG_4646_zpsgkrpvdxk.jpg

Looks good. Nice weather.

I love the UP. Haven't been in a few years...not since I had the FJC, maybe '09.

I'm following these guys on FB:
Upper Peninsula Overland • Index page
They're in Munising, and have a shop called ROAM.

I'd like to make it on one of their expos some day. Or at least visit some of their hard to find spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom