Where can I test my ignition ignitor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well it seems my story changes from ignitor to vaf issue. Went to Richard and Mario at K & H Imports and they confirmed my hunch. Mario opened top and found three leads melted and touching together. Said it was common to see. To my untrained eye it seems repairable(I will tinker and try to repair)...but I will seek a used one anyway and update. Thanks to Richard and Mario again. They indeed ROCK! I would recommend them to all!

Do the screws around the connector look like they have been removed?

Your hunch???

Whatever dude.

So, are you going to try to hold jiffy crap responsible, as they clearly are?
Yes hunch! There ok to have. Jiffy lube has already denied any wrong doing. If this was the wild west I could have handled it differently...but I can't.

Update

Received my used VAF from a salvage yard back east...installed it yesterday and the LC came to life and running very nicely. Thanks :)

As I was reading over my last post it occurred to me that the FSM gives a diagnostic procedure for EVERY IGNITION RELATED COMPONENT other than the igniter. That's how I isolated my stalling issue years ago. If EVERY other component is within spec and all connections ring true then that only leaves 1 component.

See if you can guess which one I'm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom