Where are the LC200s?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I love my 13 LX, and I actual like the style of the new LXs. It has grown on me as I have seen some of the guys on here start to post theirs. There is no escaping the approach and departure angles though. It is a damn shame because they easily could have done something to improve that.

Still, it is a nice vehicle. But the LC is no slouch and you honestly couldn’t go wrong with either.

So what is the system called on my LC that allows me to go to low medium of high ?

Edit: Never mind, I'll look it up in the manual today
There is no AHC system on land cruisers delivered new in the United States where many on this board are posting from, there are Land Cruisers with AHC in other global markets, at least that is what I've seen and read about. With your screen name, is there any chance you are in Switzerland where you may get AHC when we don't in the USA?

Last edited:
In market where LC have AHC, is there a Lexus LX model?

There is no AHC system on land cruisers delivered new in the United States where many on this board are posting from, there are Land Cruisers with AHC in other global markets, at least that is what I've seen and read about. With your screen name, is there any chance you are in Switzerland where you may get AHC when we don't in the USA?

I'm in Switzerland and below is a photo of my height controls. I also checked a German car website and saw more 200's with AHC.

IMG_20200711_195908.jpg

IMG_20200711_200133.jpg

I know that I’m late to the conversation but if you’re towing the LX is a better choice stock. AHC negates any need for airbags and the truck is always level. And I own one of Each.

I agree with LX being better for towing with the AHC. This was actually a big factor making the decision tougher...

Airbags can sort that right out.

I guess I don’t have the right airbags because it seems a lot easier with the LX when I switch from boat trailer to travel trailer to camping trailer to no trailer. With my LC I have to air up and down while the LX just levels out.

My point was airbags on a LC can give OP the vehicle he wants with potentially even better towing stability. So he has to add some air to a couple air chucks under the vehicle vs letting the AHC do it for him, to get the vehicle he really wants. I hope I never get lazy enough that that would be a problem for me, but to each their own.

Finally decided to pull the trigger on a 200 series.

Some Context: We are planning a cross-country trip pulling a 23ft trailer starting end of August. I have been preparing my 100 series LC for this trip but really wondering how it will be pulling a 5000lb trailer 8000+ miles (utilizing a hensley/propride). We are planning to get my wife a new car in March, she would love a Tesla but she knows my obsession with the 200 series. We decided we might as well get the 200 earlier so that we can use it for this trip. She will drive this car for the next 5+ years and give it to me, at which point I'm sure there will be some solar electric hydrogen fully automated Tesla she can drive.

Now the dilemma... We test drove the LX570 and the LC. Wife immediately fell in love with the LX. My thoughts:
1) The interior - LX interior is amazing. Wood trim, the leather, the UI was not bad (I know everyone poops on the mouse). The salesman was trying to show me all of the cruise control features, wheel lock turning, etc in the LX (dash was lit up with all sorts of modes on)... super cool features but not ones we would really use. We did like the AHC and the ability to self level and lower when entering/exiting. The LC interior reminds me a lot of my Tundra with the same parts, handles, silver plastic, etc. The LC is simple, I really like it, especially for the longevity since this is a car I want to keep until the wheels fall off.
2) The exterior - LX exterior rear is great, the front is not bad but I can see it being out of style in the next decade (some would argue it was never in style), especially since these electric cars don't even have grills. I like the LC front/grill.
3) The future - 300 series will be introduced soon while the LC may no longer be sold in the US. I am not interested in a hybrid or V6 TTs in a car I want to keep for ever. This makes me want the V8 LC 200 even more. I told my wife I plan on buying a 200 series LC at some point, whether it is now or in 5 years, but the problem is a used 200 LC in 5 years may be hard to get or unreasonably priced, especially if they stop selling in the US all together. Plus, LCs have the heritage and cool factor (I know this is dumb, but I already proved I'm dumb by spending $10k in upgrades to a $10k 100 series. Its an obsession). She sort of gets it...
4) The search - I can't find LCs that are not Heritage Editions. I need the useless third row seats for our kids. There are a few along the east coast with terra interior. No problems finding the LX in the color combo I want. Looks like the LCs are priced about $6k less than the LXs after negotiating with the dealers. I know Eric mentioned there is a large wave of 200s being produced but won't be shipping until December... A little late for me unfortunately.

I am 99% sure I am going to get the LC for the reasons stated above. I'm not trying to start a $hitstorm here, but would love some input. Am I putting too much value on the LC200 cool factor/heritage and discontinuing in the US? Wife thinks I'm nuts spending this much on a car that has the same interior as my $40k Tundra. At the end of the day, she knows I am obsessed and have researched this endlessly. She supports whatever decision... Congratulations for making it through all of that rambling. Thanks in advance for your input!
I have a LX and a Tesla. If you have a 100 would be insane to get a 200 over a Tesla. EVs are better in every possible way. I love my 200 but will not replace it with a gas car, replacement will be EV.

I have a LX and a Tesla. If you have a 100 would be insane to get a 200 over a Tesla. EVs are better in every possible way. I love my 200 but will not replace it with a gas car, replacement will be EV.

I know... I really NEED the 200. Will keep my 100 as a side piece. Wife will get a Tesla or Rivian in 5 years.

@coleAK Different strokes for different folks and I can't fault anyone for satisfying their own taste in vehicles.

That said...I'm with you. The thought definitely crossed my mind as I was reading the OPs wants. Some may say it's coolaid, and many have simply not experienced EVs, Tesla's firsthand, and presume what the experience might be. It's so game changing and the advantages are so dramatic that it can't be dismissed as fan-boi-ism. Any reasonable person would feel the same after experiencing it. Yet many of us seek that period correct style/feel/experience against progress. That's true even between the LC vs LX. LX is objectively better on many fronts, but the LC tickles subjective boxes for many people too.

My experience and ownership of vehicles mirrors yours. Whether we think alike having landed on many of the same cars, or our opinions are constructed from common car experiences... I can say Cybertruck is a very strong possibility in my future. Just trying to decide whether I keep the 200-series as a toy beater, or replace it completely. I just threw a ton of money and upgrades (re-gear, locker, lighting) at my LX as I want to see become what I always imagined it capable of. Do I do 35s or 36s... Might as well experience it to its full potential for a few years and then decide which way to proceed.

One thing for sure is that the final model years of any generation become some of the most sought after. Buying a new last model year also has the benefit of time with all the bugs and stuff sorted. OP, enjoy the truck!

Last edited:
My brother just got Model Y. In the summer heat with 3 on board, its range suck donkey balls. He got the LR model with AWD. Advertised 320 miles i think. Anyways, he got only 200 miles out of it before it went empty. And then the charging took forever at supercharger i think because other Teslas were charging too?? Oh and he drove it at speed limit...he is still babying it.

@coleAK Different strokes for different folks and I can't fault anyone for satisfying their own taste in vehicles.

That said...I'm with you. The thought definitely crossed my mind as I was reading the OPs wants. It's definitely not coolaid, and many have simply not experienced EVs, Tesla's firsthand, and presume what the experience might be. It's so game changing and the advantages are so dramatic that it can't be dismissed as fan-boi-ism. Any reasonable person would feel the same after experiencing it. Yet many of us seek that period correct style/feel/experience against progress. That's true even between the LC vs LX. LX is objectively better on many fronts, but the LC tickles subjective boxes for many people too.

My experience and ownership of vehicles mirrors yours. Whether we think alike having landed on many of the same cars, or our opinions are constructed from common car experiences, I'm not sure. I can say a Cybertruck is most definitely in my future. Just trying to decide whether I keep the 200-series as a toy beater, or replace it completely. I just threw a ton of money and upgrades (re-gear, locker, lighting) at my LX as I want to see become what I always imagined it capable of. Do I do 35s or 36s... Might as well experience it to its full potential for a few years and then decide which way to proceed.

One thing for sure is that the final model years of any generation become some of the most sought after. Buying a new last model year also has the benefit of time with all the bugs and stuff sorted. OP, enjoy the truck!
Makes sense! I have driven the X and 3 Teslas... completely different driving experience. I agree, once you experience it you won’t go back. Unless you have some weird fetish for overbuilt 12mpg pigs....

My brother just got Model Y. In the summer heat with 3 on board, its range suck donkey balls. He got the LR model with AWD. Advertised 320 miles i think. Anyways, he got only 200 miles out of it before it went empty. And then the charging took forever at supercharger i think because other Teslas were charging too?? Oh and he drove it at speed limit...he is still babying it.
We just did a 330 mile round trip in our LR AWD model 3 a week ago without charging. Started at 100% got home with 8%. All highway going 45-70 mph. If it is new range will get much better after break in period of 3k-5k miles. In the summer we constantly get 10-20% better than rated mileage. In the winter get 30-40% worse, approaching 50% for short trips when it is in the -20’s F

Do you know what else has range that sucks donkey balls? We don't call them pigs for no reason.

You can get hung up on whatever you want. My wife just drove her Model 3 from San Diego to Sacramento on her own - 500 miles, in one day. Something we usually break up into multiple days or between a couple drivers. She describes it as blissful and more relaxing than any car she's driven. Because so much of it can be done for you while you relax through LA traffic or desolate stretches. Charging is a non-issue and she needed bio breaks anyways. It costs $25 in energy one way vs my cruiser at $125. Or $50 round trip vs $250.

We still love our pigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom