Wheels locks....no key.....how to remove? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed I have one of those wheel locks on each rim but didn't get the "key" to them when I bought the truck.

Whats the procedure for having them removed besides parking the truck in a bad neighborhood over night?

do you have a welder? Took mine off in no time. I tack welded a old open end wrench to mine and spun it off with ease. then I tack weled the lock nut to the next one and so on. Was easy. I did this on some old rims of an fj40 so you may want to put cardboard up with tape or something if your going to weld. I had the ground attached to the wrench.

Last edited:
(goes to check)...

Find a socket that is barely too small to fit around it and pound it on there with a hammer. then you can remove it easily.

Hmm......well after searching through the bag for the first time, I found lots of standard tools, along with a 10mm and 14mm wrench (not sure if those are standard) and all the typical tools.

No key tho...

So I remembered that I used to have locks on my Honda Accord's wheels and still had those lugnuts and the key....

I checked the key for the lugs and it matched perfectly...

Thats a little scary. It reminds me that Checker Auto sold like 4 different sets of wheel locks. For about $80, you can buy all 4 sets, and probably have a key to use in ANYONE's wheel locks...

I cant believe I was ready to spend a few hundred on new rims and tires!

(jk...lol)

At least I found a key that will work to get them off.

CodyRx7 said:
Thats a little scary. It reminds me that Checker Auto sold like 4 different sets of wheel locks. For about $80, you can buy all 4 sets, and probably have a key to use in ANYONE's wheel locks...

Or, just rip open the packages and steal the keys.

-Spike (You gotta think like they do.)

From $1000, to $80, to FREE

Discount wheels with CSC advice!

I love it! lol.

CodyRx7 said:
From $1000, to $80, to FREE

Discount wheels with CSC advice!

I love it! lol.
Howdy! Hey, not discount wheels, but Discount Tire, or any other major tire shop can fix. My son busted tires for about 5 years, and they had a coffee can full of wheel locks. They got about a dozen customers per month that needed one. John

Discount tire removed mine when they rotated the tires-- it took them all of about ten seconds to remove one.

I think they used a craftsman nut remover.

Jared

Probably not a Craftsmen nut remover but it's the same thing. And that remindes me that I've got a SnapOn set of those burried somewhere in the garage... I'll have ta go huntin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom