Wheeling 6/9/18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't forget to bring a tiny truck!

Well with only two trucks you might really be able see a lot of the opposite side of the road reserve at AAOA. I really would like to see it myself but will b glad to hear what Crusha and Andy find out.

I may bring my brother in law with his (cough) land rover. He's comfortable with blacks.

I like Rovers...

Greg, Andy, and a random LanD Rover… Sounds like a recipe for adventure! Can't wait to hear the report on this one

My only picture.

20180609_155935.jpg

No writeup? C'mon!!!!!!
After looking at the map we said screw the west side it seemed to only have a few little black loops on it. So we went east, far east. We got lost for a bit due to the pipeline. But we found our way to a bunch of blue and black trails I had never been on.

Upper and lower Anthricite, the pit (ironically it was the trail that @VBRoamer made his 100 point turn on years ago. At the time it dead ended and seemed like a quad trail.) We also did whiskey ridge, bee line, and muddy shackle.

Oh, we played with our little trucks a bit too.

After looking at the map we said screw the west side it seemed to only have a few little black loops on it. So we went east, far east. We got lost for a bit due to the pipeline. But we found our way to a bunch of blue and black trails I had never been on.

Upper and lower Anthricite, the pit (ironically it was the trail that @VBRoamer made his 100 point turn on years ago. At the time it dead ended and seemed like a quad trail.) We also did whiskey ridge, bee line, and muddy shackle.
Nice, got any fuzzy pics for us? :flipoff2:

Were there signs with the names of those trails on them? Or only intersection numbers? Or neither? So were these trails up over the top of the hill and on the other side? I remember being up there once or twice. Dying to do it again! Looking forward to pictures!
Yes indeed the pipeline changes things. It was especially true last month when we had no inkling the pipeline was indeed cutting straight through the park. Last month trails were closed off that hadn't needed to be closed. In fact we drove under/through a length of trail closing tape at one point.
Frankly the west side may or not be worth exploring. I'd really like to get out there real early one day and try to reach the far end of it. Whether that would be worthwhile wheeling-wise or just to satisfy my/our curiosity remains to be seen. In any event I am hoping to spend one day of coal mine at AAOA.

I'll post some pics later today...

Is there continuing interest in the 23rd? I need long range planning.

Is there continuing interest in the 23rd? I need long range planning.
I'm interested in getting together on the 23rd. The second Saturday thing just hasn't worked out for our schedule yet this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom