Wheelin 12-26-2012 San Domingo Wash Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can't go Thursday - I have a doctor's appointment :doh:

Crap! I wanted to go on the out west run, but it would be too long a day for Sam, since he goes to his mom's at 5:00...

Crap! I wanted to go on the out west run, but it would be too long a day for Sam, since he goes to his mom's at 5:00...

You could bail early, would be easy to do.

You could bail early, would be easy to do.

I think Saturday will be his limit:bounce::bounce2:. Funny, the octegeniarians do better than the little ones:hmm: Anyway, Sam & I need to do some :censor:shopping:censor:.

Good times and good people. I think I blessed everyone by losing my voice, I did not talk as much as I usually do. ;)

That was a fun trek, nothing really technical just enough to be a pain to get through.

Went in San Domingo wash, made Anderson Mill without issue. Interesting place!

12-26-2012_1.jpg

12-26-2012_2.jpg

12-26-2012_3.jpg

A Fairbanks Morse pump at the well. It shows signs repair, nice spacers and how many welds does it take? :hillbilly:

12-26-2012_9.jpg

12-26-2012_10.jpg

12-26-2012_11.jpg

The pipe across the wash has a slight bow. What doesn't stand out in the pic, it is made of a dozen or so random hunks of pipe.:hillbilly:

12-26-2012_12.jpg

Attempted to cut across to Buckhorn Rd. The trail got narrow, then even more narrow! That is twice that we have ended up in narrow washes this week. That is sometimes what happens when you follow those single doted line 4x4 "roads" on the map! Had to do some road building to get all of the rigs through.

12-26-2012_15.jpg

12-26-2012_16.jpg

12-26-2012_17.jpg

We made it out, mostly unscathed. The same can't be said for the last rig that attempted it, at least he left a note!

12-26-2012_18.jpg

12-26-2012_19.jpg

12-26-2012_20.jpg

Great scenery, but due to the overcast, not a good day for pix.

Castle Hot Springs looks to be getting some love!:cool:

12-26-2012_21.jpg

12-26-2012_22.jpg

A rock had it's way with LongDuck's tie rod, had to apply some :hillbilly: engineering of our own to get him home.

Inkpot let the air out of a tire. Will need to get it patched, if possible. If not, may have to mount Chasetrucks' spare, spare, that Jim S had recently taken possession of, into Rootbeer's spare wheel and put it on Trailbus's carrier, so Inkpot has a spare. Or something, maybe?:confused: :hillbilly:

12-26-2012_23.jpg

Wish I had taken more detail pix at the Mill. Really amazing how they used/reused things. I think this was my favorite. Juan looks like he is debating between the allure of this neat looking mill site and the fact that the stairs are missing a big section of hand rail and several of the steps do not appear to be connected to anything on one end. MAYBE THEY'LL HOLD!?!?

DSCN0419.jpg

I think its time to reuse the reuse metal and make some bumpers and tire carriers

Juan looks like he is debating between the allure of this neat looking mill site and the fact that the stairs are missing a big section of hand rail and several of the steps do not appear to be connected to anything on one end. MAYBE THEY'LL HOLD!?!?

Was trying to see if I could survive the fall :D

Was also looking for metal that I could zip tie together to make a tire carrier ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom