wheel studs and spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys,
been on here from time to time to get info before I bought my 1st fj60. So I'll ask my first of many questions to come and it has to do with wheel spacers. The guy I bought it from was planning to put spacers front and rear, he put the fronts on and I really like the slightly wider stance and how it fills in. So I'm trying to figure out the rear spacers. These are high quality billet aluminum spacers with their own studs. But where I am having the problem is trying to find longer studs to get them mounted. With the stock studs, if I put the spacer on and begin to hand tighten the lug nut, there seems to be about half the treads left as it begins to tighten. I hope I'm explaining it right. my problem is I don't feel comfortable leaving it that way. I feel if I have about an inch longer stud I would get full treads and make sure they are strong and tight. so I'm trying to figure out where I can find them longer. I know the stock studs are 44.5mm and would need something like a 54mm? any help would be awesome thank you guys for such a cool site!!
Hounddog out:cheers:

There are studs for the rear that you can get that are longer. Toyota part too. Just don't know the number.

The front is a different story. OEM studs are the longest available for the front. Dorman studs are a few threads shorter.

I used stock ... the spacers bolt to the truck and you use the nuts with the spacers and then the wheels bolt to the spacer using your lug nuts....right?

The metal spacers with the built in studs...like this Slee - Steering products

I put 1.5 inch spacers that I bought off of e-bay and have a couple of threads showing. I measured the nut and the amount not being used and figured that the 15% of thread that was not being used was not enough to worry about since I primarily drive on the street. So I torqued them to 80# and have no problems in the two months that I have been driving it. I checked them the other day and no problems have appeard yet.

if you are saying that the stud does not come all the way thru the nut ...you are correct in NOT using it... get a longer stud. remember just because you can doesnt mean you should.

sorry guys i have been out of town for a while. yes the spacers that i have are like the ones you linked Elbert, Dave you are correct in your understanding of the way the nuts are mounting up. my problem still comes to finding longer studs i have checked NAPA and other local parts stores so I'll keep on searching!

so after a long search i ran into Bruce from Summit Racing and he had the right ones for my need. stock size is a 14.17mm knurl, 12x1.5" RH thread, 44.5mm length (1.75"). he was able to find a set of Chromoly studs from ARP in 2.5" length which will work perfectly. i will post up the actual item number once i receive them on Wednesday. cost was a little high but no one else i called or searched for had them so i had no choice they only come in a 5pk so i had to buy three sets @ 31.00 a set. oh well at least i got them right?lol

Let us know how they work out.

The Toyota part I linked in post 8 would have probably been cheaper though.

That is interesting. When I sent ARP an Engineering drawing of the stock stud a couple years ago and asked about longer threads they did not have anything with the OE shoulder configuration. They quoted me roughly $900 for 48 of them due to the NRE (Non-Recurring Engineering) costs. I really would like to know the ARP part number.

wheel studs.jpg well here they are they are originally for a lexus is300 but from what Bruce is welling me they are the same and will work perfectly part number is 100-7715 hope this helps everyone!
wheel studs.jpg

I'm unclear on if this is for the front or the rear.

ntsqd said:
I'm unclear on if this is for the front or the rear.

They are for the rear. OP's original post was about finding longer rear studs to get more thread engagement when he installs wheel spacers.

Longer than stock front wheels studs do not exist to my knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom