wheel spacers?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
I have been woundering about wheel spacers does any one have them and is there much of a diff? I am thinking about putting a 2.5 on the lx450 and was thinking it might help with the on road driving. what do you guys think?

mike

wheel spacers? why do you need those? they just push the rim out a little bit and I dont know how you would pull of a 2.5. Maby i'm missing something, but I use wheel spacers with my boggers because i have them on 15" rims and the offset is weird. ??? ??? ???

I have All Pro 1.5" spacers front and rear on my 1992 80 series, because i wanted to run 15" rimss and they work great no problems here, torq them down to 90# and they'll be good.

Are you talking about 2.5 inches each side? That's kind of a lot. The thing about wheel spacers is they are illegal in most every state (for on-rode driving of course), and they put excess stress and wear on your trunion bearings (the knuckle bearings). Also can increase tire wear and handling problems from "scrubbing" when turning.

That being said, I run 1.5 inch spacers at all four corners and I like 'em just fine. I got mine from Rock Buggy Supply. They costed me $150 to 200 LESS than ALL the other suppliers and are the same ones that some of them carry. Very high quality aluminum. Just make sure you crank them down every once in while so your wheel doesn't go flyin' off somewhere...

-Ferg-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom