Wheel Hanger Alignment Tools - Need (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having a hard time finding a set of 14mm x 1.5 female wheel hanger alignment tools for when I do my tire rotations. Looking for the type that thread onto the lugs. As I get older, I get weaker, but smarter. Getting tired of fighting to get the wheels on the studs. What are you guys using?

A quick search found this. You could probably make one.

if you meant the studdy affair, I have only seen them as males. If it were a female and you thread it on the stud, how does the wheel fit over it?

if you meant the studdy affair, I have only seen them as males. If it were a female and you thread it on the stud, how does the wheel fit over it?
Same, they’re a must have for working on German cars; it can be a real pain to get a wheel lined up and held in place while fiddling around trying to get a wheel bolt threaded in. I wish I’d had one when I had my G-Wagen, wrangling 37’s on heavy steel wheels was no fun.

Yes sir, there is one gaijin found in the 200 thread i made here

I believe the 200 wheels lug hole is large enough for the female drift pin since the lug nuts have the centering sleeve and washer. Will find out.

that makes sense. yup, if the nut actually goes inside the wheel and there is no shoulder, that could indeed work if the pin is thin enough.
Can't say I think that's a great idea, though, if the pin is long there may be a lot of leverage on the studs. Seems better to me to just have some sort of lever to lift the tire. Can do that with a couple of pieces of 2x4 in no time and not have to lift anything by hand. Or better, weld one together with a couple of pieces of rebar or pipe. Could even have rollers on so the tire can rotate for better alignment.

that makes sense. yup, if the nut actually goes inside the wheel and there is no shoulder, that could indeed work if the pin is thin enough.
Can't say I think that's a great idea, though, if the pin is long there may be a lot of leverage on the studs. Seems better to me to just have some sort of lever to lift the tire. Can do that with a couple of pieces of 2x4 in no time and not have to lift anything by hand. Or better, weld one together with a couple of pieces of rebar or pipe. Could even have rollers on so the tire can rotate for better alignment.

Good point on the potential leverage, would hate to mess up a lug or the hub. They make a tire dolly as you describe, may just go that route. Need to take it easy on my back anyway.

You still have to line up the holes in the rim with those wheel stud extensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom