What's this tool? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
Picked up on a Craigslist run cuz I don't remember seeing one before. Handle is about 3ft long, 1.25" diam, wood. Length of each side of the metal end ell about 2in long and 1.5" average wide.
No idea what it's intended for.

Do you know?

20170430_202838.jpg

20170430_202830.jpg

20170430_202824.jpg

it does not look homemade to me -at least based on my low DIY skills...-

at first I thought it might be some sort of flooring or roofing tool but the geometry does not seem optimal for that.

There is a bevel to the ends of the Ell. Not cutting-sharp but noticeable.

The Ell stem appears very sturdy, maybe to resist serious leverage torque.

looks like a tool to shim under something thick and lever up so as not to break the (think bricks) or thing you are levering (ie. using the 90deg. side of something to help lever it up while keeping it from snapping.

or some sort of gardening tool

does the handle butt appear to have strike marks from a hammer? is there a steel butt to the handle? of so- im going with a brick removal tool.....hammer into mortar between bricks and lever up with bricks without breaking em.

no, no steel butt and no evidence of hammering...

well, must not have been that obvious if nobody has a definitive answer yet after 175 views or so...

Ineffective weed remover? More serious but vague guess: Has appearance of history around concrete but that may be just the photos, therefore possibly some sort of concrete finishing tool?

it does not look homemade to me -at least based on my low DIY skills...

A hundred years ago, your local blacksmith shop could have put something like that together for your needs - back when money meant something and even something basic was well made because it reflected on the person making it.

yikes, 312 views, nobody has seen this before?

Looks like something used in glass blowing. 3 foot long handle makes sense to keep away from the heat.

That or something used in black smithing.

my vote edging tool, clean up those stray weeds and grass from the sidewalk. flat end to step on, somewhat sharp edge to cut through the grass and dirt

possible, but too small for that I think

I'm stumped.

@Bossman any ideas? Your depth of odd tool knowledge is vast

Hummm, that's an interesting one. First thought is some kind of scraping tool. Let me think on it a bit.

To me it looks similar to a linoleum remover / scraper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom