What’s on your list of the good stuff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So what else in the world is as good as your Land Cruiser is at “doing what it does”? I’m not asking what the most expensive thing you own is, I’m asking what the best things (beside your Cruiser, wife/kid/dog) are? Some times things are just so good that everyone else tries to emulate or flat out copy them. For example, some might argue that a certain tractor or a shotgun or maybe an old boat is worth the price you would pay because they are simply timeless in their design and function…and you can work them day after day, and they will reward you with year after year of reliable service. These are not necessarily the most complex or expensive items, but they are considered high quality and frequently worth some sacrifice to obtain.

So what makes your list of things that work as well as your Cruiser does? Is it a hand or power tool or implement, a certain model vehicle (beside Land Cruiser), a fishing rod/reel, a particular rifle, a watch (okay not you Mr. Rolex Daytona), a musical instrument, a camera, your thermos, or is it something I have failed to mention but still deserves a place on your ultimate list? I have a few things on my list and they all bring me enjoyment because they do their job perfectly and reliably. I wish more things were made like these legendary items. They will last longer than me so I am just their caretaker for a short time, but hopefully not too short.

Remington model 870 Wingmaster pump 12 Ga. (given to me when I was 12)
Hudson Bay wool blankets
Winchester model 67 bolt action single shot .22 (given to my father as a boy)
Cook Partner camp stove (Pocatello, ID)
My American and German made hand tools and tool box
Filson waxed canvas vest and chaps
Stormy Kromer hats
Le Creuset dutch ovens (stolen from my mother)
Yamaha TW200
Stanley vacuum thermos
Ford 8N tractor
Boston Whaler Outrage/Montauk boats
Jotul wood stoves

I am sure there are a few other items I could add to my own list but I’d like to see some of the things that other Land Cruiser owners would put on their own lists and will pass on to their next generations. What’s on your list?

6641F08C-EFCC-4C1D-BE10-D24C5AF605CC.jpeg

RB

Awesome thread idea here! Sort of along the same lines as the "buy once, cry once" mantra. Albeit what's quality to me may be sub-par to others. Subjectivity at its finest.

I'll bite.

Something I have always taken great pride in being sure to purchase lasting quality items would be my EDC kit.

Luckily I live in a state where it is legal to own and carry automatic knives so I am very keen on my Benchmade Stimulus. Rock-solid, quick-opening, and built to last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom