What's missing from the market? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also want to see a bolt-in cabin air filter. A legit HEPA filter is not necessary (Real HEPA filtration is usually expensive), for a lot of us a simple dust filter would probably suffice, but a pleated filter would be preferable over filter foam.

Edit: maybe real HEPA filtration is not as expensive as I thought (these are less than $10 USD per filter):
www.amazon.com/Filter-Honeywell-HRF-R2-HRF-R3-Purifier/dp/B078YLGC52/

But HEPA filtration may be get clogged too soon.

I'd also like to see:
A. a storage solution for the sides of the cargo area (already mentioned, but I want it as well)

B. a bolt-in rear AC system based off or similar to the factory rear air option not offered in the US. (possibly already mentioned)

C. a drop in solution to the weak windshield squirters (maybe a voltage booster for the stock pump, which in some cases only receives 10-11volts, I think boosting it to 14-18volts may make a huge difference)

D. a way to relocate the windshield washer bottle to the inside of either front fender (I already removed the power antenna on the passenger side). Washer bottle relocation is commonly dealt with when going to dual batteries using the factory battery trays. With the washer bottle hidden, that gives us more space for items we need to access much more often. New vehicles often have the filler cap accessible but the bottle is buried, I wish there was a kit to do the same thing for an 80. I wouldn't mind removing the fender to install it, I need the space. I know a different bottle would be necessary, but I hope it could be engineered to use the factory pump.

Thank you to any vendor or future vendor for being willing to listen and maybe even try to execute a few of the ideas brought up in this and similar threads.

A and D are almost done, via us.

A quicky glue or clamp on repair bracket for the mirror tab that always breaks off and causes shaky mirror syndrome.

And @NLXTACY has at least one part of that going on

A decent priced exterior windshield visor would be cool in aluminum or maybe mesh. I've seen these in the Australian market and wierd plastic ones on Ebay. Maybe a decent product to offer? Just my .02

80 visor.jpg

A decent priced exterior windshield visor would be cool in aluminum or maybe mesh. I've seen these in the Australian market and wierd plastic ones on Ebay. Maybe a decent product to offer? Just my .02

View attachment 2048085

Sale of these is limited by Australian Federal law to people over the age of 75

I 2nd the rear interior wall panel idea and cabin filter. I'd really like to see a bolt on kit for hanging hammocks from the corner of the factory bumpers like the guys with heavy plate bumpers do with a simple DOM tubing insert. I'm not in the plate bumper price range. I have spoken with a local fab guy and the rear is pretty easy, the front needs an engineering approach due to the distance from the frame to the corner of the bumper.
A rear tire swinger setup that doesn't cost $1400 and could be easily removed would be awesome.

On occasions when I can't find a suitable spot to hang, or for a quick late night set up, I hang my hammock using a web strap inserted through the top gap of the tail gate, and tied to the tail gate hinge. Tie off to a tree for the other end

On occasions when I can't find a suitable spot to hang, or for a quick late night set up, I hang my hammock using a web strap inserted through the top gap of the tail gate, and tied to the tail gate hinge. Tie off to a tree for the other end
Yeah, I just go through the window to an eye bolt on the 3rd row but I frequently camp above the tree line and we have 3x hammocks.

What about those raptor Amber lights in the grill? I want that for the cool factor

Damn things changed in a year. :rolleyes:
I can't imagine focusing on this stuff at this point. And it pains me.

I built this HEPA/charcoal filter for my roof top tent. I wish we could use something like this for a cabin filter.

20200721_215113.jpg

20200721_215124.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom