What’s everyone driving when you leave your LC home? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I drive my 80 quite often, say 500-600 miles a month. It’s think it’s the perfect vehicle other than mpg. Everyone’s always saying how slow their 80s are which I don’t really agree with. They’re obviously not fast but how fast are y’all trying to go?? I’ve desired passing power and maybe some more grunt on steep hills but for the most part I can accelerate/cruise just as i need without really wringing it out. I split the rest of my driving time between a Subaru Outback 3.6 and some seasonal summer cars, all of which are faster than the 80 but the performance of the 1fz feels just right for the platform. I’m also a speed limit guy maybe straying +/-5mph. Im on 33s, a 2.5in lift and stock gearing. But I would LOVE to LS swap eventually.

The 80 is just getting back to roadworthy, so the DD has been my economy car, 2018 Mazda3 hatch 6 speed. My fat ass is pretty funny in it, but it's a cool little daily that gets decent gas mileage. Also have a 350Z roadster, but it hasn't seen many more miles than the 80 recently. Wife's ride is now a GX460....

PXL_20211212_000728637.jpg

IMG_20190818_103110.jpg

Jason

Last edited:
They wouldn't sell.
If you live in USA and want a fuel efficient car, you get a Prius. All the automakers and the buying public decided that one option was good enough to fill the niche for the entire country, lol.

My economy car.
20200601_130212.jpg

If you live in USA and want a fuel efficient car, you get a Prius. All the automakers and the buying public decided that one option was good enough to fill the niche for the entire country, lol.

Look at any small fuel efficient car.
Note, civics and the focus aren't small.

Fiesta. Spark. Aveo. The always flop. A majority of consumers in the us do not want a tiny little efficient s***box.

Dipshits buying a Prius don't get that they need to drive 100k miles to offset the hybrid premium over a comparable gas car. They buy them because "green hybrid"

Nice! My wife is not a fan of the wide body and hates automatics. Which actually saved me about 30 grand not having to by a Super Stock. We had to order her Hellcat because we couldn't find a 6 speed anywhere. As far as economy not really by tree hugging gen whatever the hell standard but they do get better mileage than the 80 series. And the best part is you can measure 0 to 60 with a stop watch and not a calendar. This is our third one and love them!

Nice! My wife is not a fan of the wide body and hates automatics. Which actually saved me about 30 grand not having to by a Super Stock. We had to order her Hellcat because we couldn't find a 6 speed anywhere. As far as economy not really by tree hugging gen whatever the hell standard but they do get better mileage than the 80 series. And the best part is you can measure 0 to 60 with a stop watch and not a calendar. This is our third one and love them!
You have a cool wife!

The best part of that whole story is the manual transmission. Mine is also a manual.

Oh, hang on to that car. You can't get a manual transmission Hellcat of any kind right now.

You can't get a manual transmission Hellcat of any kind right now.
They did not offer a wide body Hellcat with a manual transmission. Regular body "ok" wide body "nope." No one at Dodge ever explained why that was though. The Super Stock is only available in the wide body so no 6 speed available. Or the last time we spec'd one out at least.

The manuals were only available with 717 HP engines. No Redeye or Super Stock variants. At one time you could get a manual on a 717 horse wide body.

The manuals were only available with 717 HP engines. No Redeye or Super Stock variants. At one time you could get a manual on a 717 horse wide body.
Those horsepower numbers remind me of my 1HZ. Oh, never mind, I didn’t see the other “7”.

Those horsepower numbers remind me of my 1HZ. Oh, never mind, I didn’t see the other “7”.
I'll be in T'ville end of March to move my gf out here. Was the IT guy at Woodhaven in Coolidge for several years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom