Whats best year for early FJ's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are either of yours 6speeds?

Just bored and wandered over here from the 100 forum... I'm surprised I don't see people talking at all about full-time 4WD vs. part-time 4WD in this thread. I knew I could let my girlfriend (at the time) hop in and drive my 2007 FJ 6MT in the winter and not have to worry about teaching her how/when to put in in 4WD - just get in and go. Inexperienced drivers spinning 4WD's off the road because they didn't know the roads had turned slippery and hadn't thrown it in 4Hi yet is a real thing. I sure did it when I was 16.

I hate automatics, have never owned any really. The full time four wheel drive was a huge deterrent for me, so much I chose the automatic over manual. With that being said, I love the automatic now for daily driving and I assume it's great for wheeling though I don't off-road mine.

The automatic actually gets better better mpg than the manual bc of the manual versions awd.

I wouldn't put a teen in one of these strictly bc of the blind spots. You get used to them, but any new driver doesn't need the added difficulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom