What'd you do to your KREWESER today? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

this past weekend...
-reinstalled armor
-made new hitch for trailer
-replaced some "white" led bulbs with actually white led bulbs
-painted my spare from wheeling set of shoes

I broke mine this weekend then fixed it... Now I'm sanding it lol.

Well my post maybe premature but order Trail Grappler 295/70R17 today. I read that the BMC might need to be done, but will see once they are on. Alignment will be a must. I know spacers will guaranteed the BMC. I will keep you all updated.

Tal I still need to do a BMC on my truck, maybe we can knock them both out one day

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427497460.102917.jpg
Got the spare mounted today. Found out I'm free Saturday. So hopefully I can find out how deep I'm in with the new tires that might be in next week.

I haven't been posting here enough because I have the thread for Phoenix (my Fj40), but I finally got the 4.56 gears installed in the FJC; however, the mechanics didn't adjust the parking (aka emergency) brake and I had to pull the rear wheels and do it. Everybody going to MK15 should check/adjust their parking brake; set the brake, put the transmission in drive, and take your foot off the brake; the vehicle should not move ONE INCH; if you have a manual transmission, the engine should stall! If you don't pass this test, adjust it; for the FJC owners, there is a nice simple description of this operation at http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...ing-brake-lever-travel-adjustment-easy-2.html Don't just fiddle with the lever but adjust the brake drum...
brake adjustment.jpg
I am now set for stopping on the SIDE OF A MOUNTAIN...Are you?
gears done.jpg
I also reinstalled my skid plates, and judging by the gouges in them, I will need them...see you there!

Got the "headliner" all finished up this weekend. I'm not happy with the back part of it so I may rip it out and try again. For the front two sections I put it up from side to side, but on the back section I went front to back and it was a lot harder to smooth out the wrinkles. Even though I glued up just the felt with no rubberized backing, it rides way more quiet now. I think I got rid of a few rattles and vibrations when I stuffed it into the cracks in between the roof and the braces.

Overall, this was an easy project and I think it came out looking good.

1428868865059-jpg.1060203

1428868880972-jpg.1060204

1428868895764-jpg.1060205

So, you're leaving it like that or are you using that as sound deadener and putting an actual headliner back in? Either way it looks good.

That's all I'm doing for a headliner. I do plan on building a rail, for lack of a better term, that will run all the way around the top of the pillars to cover up all the holes and stuff though. I'll make a cardboard template, cut it out of MDF and cover it with foam and gray vinyl or just more of the felt. Similar to the pic I posted a page or two back, basically.

Interior is almost done (all the big stuff anyway)! All I need is either a double din radio or a CB unit and a dash cap. Next up is new shocks, maybe new springs, and refresh the brakes. Maybe a new master cylinder and booster with stainless brake lines. Think I've got a brake fluid leak in the passenger side front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom