What'd you do to your KREWESER today? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well it's welded together so no it won't be disassembled

Jigs will be made for future production yes as well as some members being bent instead of two pieces welded together...

I don't have great pics but I do have lights again! I replace the 40-year old headlight switch with a $4.99 switch and got it working, but I definitely have a dead short in the instrument lights, which may explain multiple 20 amp fuse blowings. No instrument lights for a while (years) but the speedo doesn't work anyway...o_O

I don't have dash lights yet, but do have a windshield washer. Now I am talking to Marlin and Advance about the best way forward for the transfer case situation....

I have ordered an Orion 4:1 t-case for the 40 (maybe Phoenix?) to be assembled by Valley Hybrids of Stockton, CA; George was recommended by Advance Adaptors and he seems very knowledgeable. With the backlog of getting good cases, I am looking at 6 weeks for delivery; maybe I could get some help then with a straightforward t-case swap; any takers?:)

I'm in. Probably gonna have to do a swap sooner or later on mine so I woudn't mind getting some first hand experience. And by the way Georg at Valley Hybrids is the best when it comes to the Orion and LC info. He is one of the most respected members on MUD. You are in good hands.

FYI, he is also reasonable; the kit costs (retail) $1650 but he is building a new case with all new parts (he didn't even want a core) for $2450 plus shipping (~ $130).

Tim K

I also dragged Phoenix (my new and Mike J's old 40) to LSU for a test tow; it towed really well on the dolly behind the FJC... at 60 mph.

IMG_0017.JPG

Today was practice for removing the t-case from the 40. I now have some parts to sell, but I will list them on the parts thread. Here is the result of today's happy hour...

IMG_0025.JPG

:confused:My mistake on the name; I thought a letter was omitted; I guess he is Ukrainian or Slavic to leave off the English "e"?

he is Austrian-born - in German, there is no need for the e :p

The AA twin stick is here and I am debating whether to install it now or wait for the Orion, which could be a while based on my other ongoing projects :rolleyes:. I don't think the mode rod is a big deal but getting to the selector on top of the t-case could be tough. Does anybody know if it can even be done without dismantling the interior and pulling the floor panel? :confused:

Tim, you will have to pull the seats, tranny tunnel cover and gas tank to get to the top of the t-case. Probably not worth the effort if you will be doing it again for the Orion install. I very rarely use the 2WD Low option which is what the twin sticks gives you.

Got back to Lake Charles today to pick up the 62 and got a little prep work done for the new tires. Really happy with the results. It needed it!
IMG_20141115_155442.jpg

to this

IMG_20141115_160133.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom