What'd you do to your KREWESER today? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad to finally have it in NOLA. The tire shop ordered the wrong tires for me though :bang:. Driving on General Grabber HTS's until Thanksgiving. Made sure they ordered the correct General Grabber AT2's before I left the shop.

Tim, you will have to pull the seats, tranny tunnel cover and gas tank to get to the top of the t-case. Probably not worth the effort if you will be doing it again for the Orion install. I very rarely use the 2WD Low option which is what the twin sticks gives you.
Thanks, Mike, that is what it looked like; it can wait...

Started tearing out the headliner and got the back of it done this afternoon. Ordering some Monstaliner in Medium Quartz Gray this week and the goal is to have the interior lined by the end of February. Taking out the headliner is a pita though. The glue Toyota used does not come off easy so I'll just sand it down as much as possible.

1422230301232-jpg.1022598

1422230329438-jpg.1022599

The end game is have it look something like this once it's done, but with bedliner on all the exposed portions.

roof-medium-jpg.399832

I stared at it... I can't drive it because the license plate and registration got stolen in the mail.... Yay for that can of worms

Got the rest of the headliner out and started sanding down the interior... Baby steps!
IMG_20150201_162306.jpg

IMG_20150201_162321.jpg

I also kinda worked out the dent in the passenger rear QP. Just trying to get the general shape back so I can Monstaline the exterior down the road. Still needs a little work, but it's getting there.

Went from this
EZCb1fpFK8YBqnZqJOsYNLNCqRogyADoPwlP0IPjvlE=w294-h709-no

To this
IMG_20150201_162337.jpg

Are you going to replace the quarter eventually or leave it with some character?

I like that headliner idea! Come spring I'm hoping to patch these fender flare holes and either paint or do some monstaliner.

Are you going to replace the quarter eventually or leave it with some character?

I like that headliner idea! Come spring I'm hoping to patch these fender flare holes and either paint or do some monstaliner.

I've decided to just get it as straight as I can with the tools I have access to for now. Finding a quarter, cutting the old one out, finding and paying someone to weld a new one in has all started to sound like a lot more work than I'd like right now. I think if I can get as worked out as possible then play around with some bondo on the smaller dents in and around the area, it'll look good enough to run a few coats of Monstaliner over it and call it a day. From what I've seen so far, it is pretty good at hiding smaller dents, so I'm not too worried about it.

There are some really good looking 80's with the Monstaliner paint job on the forum. I especially like to two-tone ones that have a darker color on the bottom/fenders, and a lighter color on top.
20141110_141707-jpg.966974

Doing the whole body ends up looking like a matte paint job from a few feet away, which is what I'm going to do to the 62. I got a few sample chips of their blue colors but none of them look close enough to the factory Toyota 8B2 blue, so I'm going to find someone local who I can buy a few pints of base pigment from and just get the kit without any pigment from Monstaliner.
image-jpg.880067

I wonder if you could get the breakdown of paint codes and send it to them.

I'm interested in the pigmentless liner... I like the toyota green

Changed solenoid in my winch and re-spooled line

Also changed the oil
Next up, the always fun task of reinstalling armor

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424052317.702662.jpg

I just looked at it and got frustrated with it. I have more leaks I now have the master cylinder leaking out of the cap on the small bowl and a coolant leak.it looks like the coolant is coming from the timeing cover.

Man that is rough!
I know,the coolant leak really worries me.the other stuff is more or less a easy fix. If the coolant is coming from the timing cover that seam like its going to be big trouble. I have touched all over the water pump and thermostat housing and nothing is wet.

Last edited:
I know,the coolant leak really worries me.the other stuff is more or less a easy fix. If the coolant is coming from the timing cover that seam like its going to be big trouble. I have touched all over the water pump and thermostat housing and nothing is wet.

Not quite the right place but maybe head gasket? Although I hear they fail more toward the rear.

I have a power steering leak and an oil leak that I can't figure out where it's coming from but its gotta be on the front of the motor. Or so I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom