What winch to buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Warn XD9000i winch

This one just came up on CL and I'm calling him in a few minutes and I'll probably buy it. Looks to be in great condition and over 500 off retail price, plus it'll fit the shortbus with no modifications

Two XD9000I's one 1992 and 1993 both used heavily and still kicking. I got the 1992 used and re built it simply because I wanted to make sure everything was in good shape. I worked perfectly I did it for my peace of mind. 1993 I bought new and it has never re built and still running very strong. Would I take a good used Warn over a new cheaper winch, you bet like hell I would because that is exactly what I did. You will come out better in the end as the Warn will last your lifetime and always work when you need it with just a little bit of care. In the end though it is your money and it is completely up to you. Something as dangerous as using a winch I feel better using good quality equipment all the way around.

I ended up going with the comeup seal gen 2 9.5 and am super happy with it. Seems to be built quite well. I’m excited to start putting it to use!

Yeah, don't be afraid to buy used, just stick with the big names (Warn, Superwinch, Ramsey, etc.)

Picked up this bad boy for only $300 bucks years ago :)

huzkyqinchinstalled22.jpg

huzkyqinchinstalled23.jpg

huzkyqinchinstalled25.jpg

Slow, but an absolute BEAST!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom