What to do with 3rd row seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, not a huge fan. Expensive property, good shopping, and a lot of roads, and that's about it. Going to move to VA or WV.

I did inspection in Mass once, and I thought that was bad - I had no idea!

Sorry to ask again, but I think my question may have gotten lost when people started talking about burning their third row seats. I’ve been thinking about taking mine out for more cargo space. Are there any sensors to worry about when doing this? Am I going to get fault lights on the dash?

Sorry to ask again, but I think my question may have gotten lost when people started talking about burning their third row seats. I’ve been thinking about taking mine out for more cargo space. Are there any sensors to worry about when doing this? Am I going to get fault lights on the dash?

Nope, not a problem.

Nothing to it other than prying off the plastic trim pieces and unbolting.
Shouldn't be any error codes or lights.

Seats were the second thing I removed within a few days of getting my 200 (and 100, years ago, for that matter)...right after yanking the running boards. ;)

Last edited:
Anybody who has posted here wanting to sell the 3rd row headrests? I need Ivory colored ones?

I already sent mine to a fellow mudder...

BUT... Are you SURE you don't have yours?
Many LC drivers never realize that their head-rests are stored inside a zippered compartment WITHIN your third row seat units.
Have you checked there?

I kept mine installed as a roll cage for the rear of my LX. Can also be used to stop small arms fire from the backside of your vehicle. What do you think good or bad idea?

What kinda 'hood do you live in? Is this really a concern?

@Markuson it's only the middle headrest that is hiding in the pocket. I don't think the other 2 would fit in there?

What kinda 'hood do you live in? Is this really a concern?

@Markuson it's only the middle headrest that is hiding in the pocket. I don't think the other 2 would fit in there?

Ah! I was picturing the middle head-rest while reading this thread. My brain-fart there...

And no, I don't think those head-rests make a good roll-bar. :)

I find that the 3rd row will let you secure 25 gallons of diesel in 5 gallon containers in the back. I do that weekly and it is fairly convenient. The seats create a barrier that makes me more comfortable on the last few miles to the farm. So I have elected to keep the seats. The 200 would be naked without fold-up seats. The fold ups are are part of LC DNA. I know this is a minority opinion.

I had a 3rd kid- now I have a use for
them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom