What should a '69ish body / frame go for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yoda-g3

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey Guys,

Wasn't sure if this should go here or not, hopefully I didn't screw up.... :doh:

I have pretty much a complete body and rolling frame from a '67-'69 (can't remember exactly..) Diffs, knuckles, fenders, windshield frame, dented hood, crappy wheels and tires, etc. Pretty much missing hoses, wiring, all dash components and hard top. I also have a good F motor and 3spd from another rig. It's all pretty rust free.

I've had some local interest and I've been searching like a mad man trying to figure out what something like this would be worth if I sold it as a package deal. Does any have any advice? I figure that there's enough there to actually make a complete rig eventually. :D

Thanks!

Hey Guys,

Wasn't sure if this should go here or not, hopefully I didn't screw up.... :doh:

I have pretty much a complete body and rolling frame from a '67-'69 (can't remember exactly..) Diffs, knuckles, fenders, windshield frame, dented hood, crappy wheels and tires, etc. Pretty much missing hoses, wiring, all dash components and hard top. I also have a good F motor and 3spd from another rig. It's all pretty rust free.

I've had some local interest and I've been searching like a mad man trying to figure out what something like this would be worth if I sold it as a package deal. Does any have any advice? I figure that there's enough there to actually make a complete rig eventually. :D

Thanks!
Not sure on a late model FJ40 but I purchased a

1978 frame (media blasted and painted with POR-15)
Complete running 2F with 4 speed
Rebuit axles
Set of super swampers of FJ62 rims
And, a host of parts window frame, doors, switches ($300)

for $1,500

Since it is an F engine and 3sp, also older body style...it isn't super desirable. I'd say $750 would probably be a fair price. If it was a 2f and 4sp....3.73 axles with disc brakes, you could probably get atleast double that.

You might do better parting it out...especially if the fenders, doors, rear tub doors are rust free.

Gumby.....saw your former location....thanks for your service to our country.

If it has a title, I'd say it is worth $1000 or more depending on the amount of rust. Some people like the older tubs since they have better sheet metal and are less prone to rust. Also, the older vehicle is exempt from smog.

IMHO, the only thing worth any money on your rig is probably the clean tub, title, and frame.

"rust free" & straight body, frame, etc. will be good for a resto type guy seeing how it's still got the drum brakes & 3 spd. tranny (generally not desireable). Dented hood ain't very good.... Start 'er out at $500.00.

I sold my 72 rolling chasis with title for $400.00
My son has been trying to sell his 73 tub (kinda rough) for $500.00 with no luck, the shipping will kill the deal.

Cool, thanks for the help guys. Both of the people interested are local so shipping shouldn't kill the deal. At least now I have a ball park of where to start.

course spline birfs, course pinion, drum brakes, no wiring, etc will kill pricing. in perfect body condition with title and good frame 1k would probably be the highest. as low as $100 depending on rust/damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom