what modern wiper arms fit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nuclearbeef

SILVER Star
Threads
Anybody know what other wiper arms might fit a 75 series troopy?
Getting to be a hassle finding wipers.
Anything with a J-hook or later style connector.
I know I could get new 79 series arms from PartSouq, but if 80 series arms or something fit, it'd be easier.

I know some of the 60 series guys swap 4runner or truck arms on.

Oh, I forgot that it also wouldn't solve my problem of wanting to change from screw type to J-hook.

I just ordered some from Partsouq, but used this magazip diagram to get the part numbers (supposed to fit LHD HZJ78 and others):

After I ordered I noticed my 99 tacoma wipers look very similar. If you want to wait until I get my partsouq order in I'll compare them to the wipers on my tacoma and let you know.

I just ordered some from Partsouq, but used this magazip diagram to get the part numbers (supposed to fit LHD HZJ78 and others):

After I ordered I noticed my 99 tacoma wipers look very similar. If you want to wait until I get my partsouq order in I'll compare them to the wipers on my tacoma and let you know.
That would be much appreciated.
I've got these in my cart at PartSouq, but if something cheap and local will fit, I'd rather go that route.

85211-60090
85221-60100

I switched the wiper arms in my cart to the part numbers you linked. They are about $10 cheaper each.
Let me know if they fit when they come in.

I'll hold off ordering until then.
As long as yours fit, I'll probably wind up ordering from PartSouq. Now I'm down below $100 for both arms and both plastic covers, shipping included.

You beat me to the punch , I was just writing...

I had the same thought as you regarding 60 series and 4Runner arms. But ended up ordering the below, and associated parts (covers, and nuts) because I had other things needed from PS
85211-60092
85221-60102

Similar to what you had in your cart, but slightly different shape and about $10 per assembly cheaper. I don't know why I didn't think to stick my tacoma arms on until after I ordered these. Plenty of other items from the tacoma fit just fine on the troopy.

I'll let you know how it works out.

@nuclearbeef The wiper arms I ordered do NOT work. The nut that holds them on is for a larger size stud on the linkage assembly; it looks like the linkage assembly changed in 2012 (?). I would order the parts that you originally listed. Looks like I'm stuck with wiper arms that fit a post 2012 linkage. I might be able to make something work but will probably order the correct ones next time I have another PS order to fill.

I just found some J-hook wipers (off a Golf I believe). Cut the hook and welded to my existing arms.

@nuclearbeef The wiper arms I ordered do NOT work. The nut that holds them on is for a larger size stud on the linkage assembly; it looks like the linkage assembly changed in 2012 (?). I would order the parts that you originally listed. Looks like I'm stuck with wiper arms that fit a post 2012 linkage. I might be able to make something work but will probably order the correct ones next time I have another PS order to fill.
Thanks for letting me know!
I almost ordered them anyway, but held off at the last minute.

late to the thread, but if you dont need to replace your wiper arms you can buy J hook adaptors for less than $10
I ordered some. They came in yesterday.
Will use them, for now anyway.

My 1990 Aussie troopy came with arms that take the screw on blades. I learned about this the hard way when my blades came apart and I couldn't get local replacements. My blades are now held together with silicon.

I bought replacement arms and linkage to refresh and modernize the wipers. I used toyodiy and partsouq with my vin to order parts. I also bought a screw-type to j-hook adapter from that jerk Bezos that I'm carrying around for the day the silicon fails.

I don't know if any of this is going to fit on my rig. I will post up part numbers once I confirm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom