What kind of tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruisin' Becky

#LandcruiserLife
Threads
Hey everyone!

Long time no talk! ;)

I was wondering what type of tires are the best for getting alot of mileage out of using it ON-ROAD for around the town trips? I got Michelins and I hear that these are the best, longest lasting tires, but I just wanted to know what you think!

Thanks!

Cruisin' Becky :princess:

Michelin LTX....dammit if mine don't have nearly 40k on them and piles of tread left....pretty soon, I'm gonna just give up wearing them down and end up just buying new Nitto's regardless.....

Not the kewlest looking tire, or the best off-highway, but the top o the line for on-road...

I believe that this involves a few variables like tire pressure, load, kind of road well travelled, etc, but all things considered equal: I don't really know :). Stock Michelins would last longer than the Revos I replaced them with based on thread patterns (just my thoughts).

woody said:
Michelin LTX....dammit if mine don't have nearly 40k on them and piles of tread leftNot the kewlest looking tire, or the best off-highway, but the top o the line for on-road...

I have had great luck with them as well...excellent long-term treadwear. But once they get thin, hold on to your panties, 'cause they'll hydroplane.

I just bought a set of them. $550.00 Just had them put on this am. What a difference new tires make! Wow!

Suck it up and move up to a larger tire size and you will have more selection. I went with some larger cheaper tires and have been really happy. Just remember to get 5 when you go bigger.

woody said:
Michelin LTX....dammit if mine don't have nearly 40k on them and piles of tread left....pretty soon, I'm gonna just give up wearing them down and end up just buying new Nitto's regardless.....

Not the kewlest looking tire, or the best off-highway, but the top o the line for on-road...

Ditto. They came used on the LX, can't kill 'em.

woody said:
....pretty soon, I'm gonna just give up wearing them down and end up just buying new Nitto's regardless........

:rolleyes: finally

Soooo, how many miles are on those tires Woody?

Also liked the LTX's and ditto on the Hydro-planing when they get worn. I wish I could get them in a larger size than what is available. They were excellent on the highway and good enough for mild wheeling. Always got 50K+ out of 'em.

What about the Michelin Cross Terrains? Are they any good? I hear alot of ppl talking about how much they love those.

Also, what brand of oil does the 80 NOT eat up so quickly? I've been using pennzoil and havoline and they both burn up so quick! :mad:

new thread ;), but pennzoil is my absolute last possible choice for oil....absolute....

IMO, Michelin's in general are long lasting tires....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom