What is this??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think this is the factory alarm for the cruiser but its not under the driver's seat and its not, apparently, the RS3000 that everyone knows about.

1) Can anyone tell me what brand etc this is so I can order a remote or programming instructions? This was found on the inner wheel well driver side. The whole thing (black box, battery, antenna) is velcroed to the wheel well and the antenna runs into this styrofoam chunk that is stamped June 27 1995. Ive got the numbers on this 5RLJ9300, 17295, 008A49B. The FCC number is also on this sticker.

2) Where can I order a couple of remotes for this thing?

I hope this is the alarm and not a tracking device.

Thanks in advance...

It does nto appear to have enough wires going to it to be an alarm, I just see 2 wires (power and ground), that coax implies more than just listening for a fob. might be a lojack.

...that's got Big Brother written all over it :eek:

Keep it there...it might come in handy...hope it never does...but it might.

Dang. Im confused because Ive got the siren on my firewall and what appears to be an LED on my dash... this suggests I have, or have had a security system. Ive done searches trying to find out what type etc but have found NIL. I thought for sure I found the brain... now what?

You would be paranoid too, if you had all those people watching you.

Im confused because Ive got the siren on my firewall and what appears to be an LED on my dash...

Not uncommon. Mine had the same, but no alarm.

A careful examination of the factory wiring harnesses under the dash - above, and outboard of the brake pedal - might reveal what is/was non-factory wiring that has been clipped from where it had been spliced in.

Dealers, in particular, are known to remove aftermarket alarms before resale, particularly if they do not have the transmitters, etc. that go with it.

Cheers, R -

Tools R Us said:
That's a Lo Jack box.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

NOBODY IS SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHERE THOSE THINGS ARE STASHED :eek:

Wipe yer prints off and put it back before you blow up........ :ban:

cruiserdan said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

NOBODY IS SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHERE THOSE THINGS ARE STASHED :eek:

Wipe yer prints off and put it back before you blow up........ :ban:

And before the black helicopters start landing in your front yard...

Tools beat me to it...

I work for a test lab/certification body and we test and certify products like that. Yes - the FCC ID is for a LoJack tranmitter certified before 1995. Because of the date, there is no information available on the FCC site for it. If it was newer I could probably get a copy of the manual for you - but not for this one.

Eric

Ok so now I know this is a tracking device. FWIW, since it probably would not be GPS I assume LoJack or other authorities would find the stolen vehicle by triangulation?

On another note, is ParadiseCruiser suggesting that I did not have a factory alarm? I thought I had a factory alarm, just not the RS3000. Is there any other possible location for the alarm???

Maybe I'll just buy an alarm at FutureShop or the like and install it myself. I cant bring myself to allowing a 19 YO store installer hack up my wiring, even though the installation is "free with purchase".

Thanks for all your help...

The OEM alarm computer lives under the Driver's seat. If there is not one there you do not have a factory alarm. I can tell you the little LED thingy in your dash is NOT factory.

I have the same LED as you, my LC came with a Viper alarm keychain thing, but nothing ever happened, and the light never came on and I've yet to find where that aftermarket alarm would be found.

When you find your's, if you find yours let me know... but its probably been yanked by the dealer or wholesaler who bought the truck at auction...

at least your cruise didn't come with a cute little switch that activates the carjacking disable when you play with it to see what it does....my ears are still ringing, and am still blinded by all the strobes.

You may have that audiovox TDS system... That's what I have and nobody in here has been able to help me. I have a jacked up remote for it so I know it works but for crap...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom