What is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody know what this part is or what it's purpose is? I'm guessing it's a heat shield of some sort. I mangled mine up while doing a little bit of offroading this weekend. I'm assuming it's something I can just bend back into place but thought I'd check here first. I think it's a great argument for needing sliders.... but my wife doesn't seem to agree... LOL

68822535299__A6A0DD29-DE0A-4BF2-81D4-93B460007274.jpg

I believe that is the heat shield to keep you from burning yourself, (well, your passenger) on the cats and exhaust.

Jason

As above, heat shield, might also serve to keep Cat heat away from the inner rocker panel area.

Fuel bladder.

Originally developed for the TRV (Toyota Re-entry Vehicle).

Yes - CAT converter radiant heat shield - protects the rocker panel underside from heat.
My '97 LX450 has/had that, only on the CAT side, but the LX450 has plastic cladding under the rocker panel, which could soften and warp from radiant heat.
It conflicted with my SLEE step slider installation, so - long ago trimmed it shorter and re-formed the edge bead.

Your unplanned field re-formation might serve as a warning shot across the bow? rocker panel barely escaped?

Yes - CAT converter radiant heat shield - protects the rocker panel underside from heat.
My '97 LX450 has/had that, only on the CAT side, but the LX450 has plastic cladding under the rocker panel, which could soften and warp from radiant heat.
It conflicted with my SLEE step slider installation, so - long ago trimmed it shorter and re-formed the edge bead.

Your unplanned field re-formation might serve as a warning shot across the bow? rocker panel barely escaped?
Yep…. Rock sliders are in! They will go on after front knuckle rebuild……. Got plenty to do this winter…🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom