What is this part that I just mangled? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

batthewmrown

SILVER Star
Threads
In the middle of putting my truck back together after my manifold gasket job, I dropped something on the ground and noticed this piece laying down there.

0AD3ECDA-99EC-45EB-8206-A1B964C7DD3C.jpeg

It connects to a female end that grounds out at the bottom of the EGR inlet mounting bolts that attach to the manifold, nearest the firewall and was wired into the throttle solenoid for the carb.

1FDE6884-24B3-49E6-ABAF-06AB3F7ED27B.jpeg

413605D1-4E1C-4C0C-9EE1-0470394DCEC2.jpeg

75291FFC-40FB-4C3A-BDD9-2B5D7D7BF31B.jpeg

Now, my question is what is it, what is the part number if it’s still available from Toyota, and how do I go about fixing it?

I want to say that's the connector for the carb cooling fan. just splice it back together you should be fine.
:beer:

That is the wire that goes to the thermoswitch that activates the carb cooling fan. There is a bracket that bolts to the intake manifold and is also attached to the PCV pipe. The sensor is mounted on that bracket.

Cool, thanks guys. I spliced it back in so I guess if my carb fan doesn’t work I’ll know that I didn’t do it good enough job and I’ll deal with it then.

I actually got tired of that cooling switch. It never seemed to run the fan long enough and when they start to get any corrosion, the relay that actuates it starts clicking like crazy. I ended up just grounding it to the chasis instead of reconnecting the sensor. The fan runs for 20min or so every time you start the truck but it works for me.

Hey, @lcolon, could you send me a picture or how/where you grounded it to the chassis when you get a chance? Thanks.

Hey, @lcolon, could you send me a picture or how/where you grounded it to the chassis when you get a chance? Thanks.

Put a ring terminal for 20-22awg wire and roughly 8mm ring ID on the end of the wire and use on of the many bolt holes on the fender wheel to bolt it to. Pick a bolt, find its thread diameter and get a ring terminal to fit it, make it so its not in the way and won't get snagged while you work. I chose to use one of the bolts for the brake proportioning valve as my mounting location, its out of the way.

Put a ring terminal for 20-22awg wire and roughly 8mm ring ID on the end of the wire and use on of the many bolt holes on the fender wheel to bolt it to. Pick a bolt, find its thread diameter and get a ring terminal to fit it, make it so its not in the way and won't get snagged while you work. I chose to use one of the bolts for the brake proportioning valve as my mounting location, its out of the way.
exactly what I did

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom