What is this and can I remove it... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is this? It looks like just some type of counter weight... it is on the passenger side under the passenger front door attached to the frame. Looks like just two bolts to take out to remove it...can I take it off and not impact any safety or performance?

Thanks!

Desk
B868BFB5-0FF0-4C10-B127-B1F3BD6BC1E0.jpeg

Mr. T is tracking you with that piece of hardware, you know ....

I have to laugh. There are many threads on this unknown sorcery. General thinking seems to be a vibration dampener of some kind. Most people that pull it (me included) do not notice a difference without this weight attached to the frame. Of course, proceed at your own risk.

I have to laugh. There are many threads on this unknown sorcery. General thinking seems to be a vibration dampener of some kind. Most people that pull it (me included) do not notice a difference without this weight attached to the frame. Of course, proceed at your own risk.

haha! Thanks! I may take it off and see if I notice any difference.
Cheers!

So many threads. One of which I started a couple years ago. Take off. Throw away. Carry on.

Awe man... the popcorn is already gone. Mine has been gone since I bought it, came here, and asked the same question

I’ll take it if youre going to toss it.

How is it an eyesore? it's tucked underneath the truck out of view...

if you’ve taken off the running boards but haven’t added slider it’s very visible.

I love when people who can't even identify a part think it's a great idea to remove it...

He questioned what it is and the effects of removing it, it aint a big deal man.

It cracks me up when these threads pop up, tbh it's not an easy thing to search for on the forums because how would anyone know what it is? I actually tested searching "What is this thing" and you can get results, but who would think that kind of search would work? haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom