what is the hardest trail in your area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1993 land cruiser in rapid city South Dakota
here are a few pictures from South Dakota's Black Hills.

Fruity Pebbles.
HPIM1516.jpg

HPIM1518.jpg

HPIM1521.jpg

HPIM1525.jpg

Look for my little, buddy Todd off to the right of the picture.
JUST FOR REFERENCE here is Todd next to my 5'8" wife spotting me. Todd is a big guy!!
100_0975.jpg

HPIM1531.jpg

HPIM1532.jpg

Todd's Family in the center of the picture.
HPIM1533.jpg

HPIM1529.jpg

looking down at my truck,,, shaking in fear!!!:D
HPIM1527.jpg

this is a invitation only trail with personal pre inspection by the worlds best rock crawler.

the rock are HUGE, Sharp, and they move. I jumped on to one about the size of my truck and it rocked about a foot... SCARED the shait out of me. you can look down between the rocks. maybe 10 feet. It would be more with a flash light.
this trail is about 3 miles long.

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

here are more pictures of the hard trails.. and the beginner trails.

all are part of the Dakota Territory Challenge.

Bh4wheelers Photo Gallery - Home > Dakota Territory challenge > Dakota Territory Challenge 2007

anyone can apply..
here is the info.

Black Hills 4-Wheelers Main Page

surf the trails through the pictures. many of our trails are the hardest that you will find, and you are expected to be ready.. or we also have trails that are for the novelist, family friendly, we will be right there by your side, for your first time experience.
there is an inspection that determines what trails, (YOUR TRUCK CAN RUN). Most of this is based on an experienced driver. If you are new to wheeling you must let the inspector know that you are new to trails.

we also offer trails that are only open to permits from the forest service, that is, not always open to the general public. real fun!!!

Last edited:
Wrecking Balls
Outer Limits
Sledgehammer
Jackhammer

and few more a little harder............

Just a little curious, Is that river of sharp jaggy rock (fruity pebbles) a naturally occurring geographical feature? The remnants of a glacier, plate/ crust movement or are we talking about some sort of mining/dam operation left overs.

Just a little curious, Is that river of sharp jaggy rock (fruity pebbles) a naturally occurring geographical feature? The remnants of a glacier, plate/ crust movement or are we talking about some sort of mining/dam operation left overs.

That has got to be Glacier droppings:D

Maybe you could post a picture of a rig wheeling that river of rock and not a rig in a stream bed.

Yeah, I was about to call that BS but the gallery on their site speaks for itself. (I know, that's a Heep;)).

P9020384_.jpg

Glacial material would be rounded. Sharp, angular stuff like that would likely be material that cleaved off of a wall/cliff somwhere above (likely via "frost wedging" or other type of physical weathering).

Crazy ass trail!

Glacial material would be rounded. Sharp, angular stuff like that would likely be material that cleaved off of a wall/cliff somwhere above (likely via "frost wedging" or other type of physical weathering).

Crazy ass trail!

x2. Looks to me a little bil like the Devil's Postpile national monument near Mammoth, CA. But I doubt that the rangers would let you wheel on those rocks:D

none of them look 80 friendly.....................:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom