what is the hardest trail in your area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fordyce is an hour drive away almost due west.
Rubicon is an hour away to the south west.
I'm very lucky. :grinpimp:

The trail in the OP looks like our Bronco canyon on steroids. The differences are in the size of the rocks and the shape. Bronco is a creek bed, dry most of the year.
The rocks are round so they roll around under you making the trail much harder than it looks. Still nothing like the trail above.
Dscn1835.jpg

Dscn1832.jpg

I don't have any pictures from this year, the trail changes every year because of flooding. We were up there a couple of weeks ago and a lot of the smaller rocks, 1 -2 foot diameter size, have been washed down stream making things more interesting. The upper section is full on rock buggy territory, we don't go up there.

The Crusher trail in Tillamook State Forest OHV area is a natural boulder flow at the top of a mountain, similar to the trails above. Has a good obstacle, a few routes, and is a trail adopted and maintained by a local 4x4 club and supported by the State of Oregon-

0014.jpg

Maybe you could post a picture of a rig wheeling that river of rock and not a rig in a stream bed.

the rig in the stream bed is mine. my wife is spotting me. I posted it up to show my buddy Todd. so there could be a comparison in the size of those rocks.. and those rocks do move.
and they are SHARP as heck.
please look at what I have posted before you call me out... ok?

My truck,,, well I just don't think I could do that trail even with a driver like our local professional rock crawlers..

twisted customs...

The Crusher trail in Tillamook State Forest OHV area is a natural boulder flow at the top of a mountain, similar to the trails above. Has a good obstacle, a few routes, and is a trail adopted and maintained by a local 4x4 club and supported by the State of Oregon-

0014.jpg

now that is more my style.. fruity pebbles will find any hole in your skid plates and make a ugly hole in oil pans, transmissions..
It is pretty much a buggy trail..
Jason Paule and Brian erra do the inspections for this trail. not only the trucks, but the driver ability as well as attitude.

check out some of the other trails as well, captain crunch is a real challenge also. Got Milk is alot like the picture above. large smooth rolling rocks.

I actually signed up for Fruity Pebbles the 1st day of BHCC '07, but no one else did, so I decided to run w/ the group on Fullsize & Kong. This is a boulder field close to my house in Ga. I haven't run it yet due to it's either on elec. company land or right beside a power sub station & I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to :meh:
DSC00524.JPG
DSC00525.JPG

I actually signed up for Fruity Pebbles the 1st day of BHCC '07, but no one else did, so I decided to run w/ the group on Fullsize & Kong. This is a boulder field close to my house in Ga. I haven't run it yet due to it's either on elec. company land or right beside a power sub station & I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to :meh:

aww man,,, my wife got sick and we had to go way out of town for an operation....

we would have been your trail leaders on that run. we stood the club up for a good reason and they had to cover us at the last moment.
how did you like the full monkey? it is a great trail for beginners and the hard core due to the by passes. well untill you get to kong.

aww man,,, my wife got sick and we had to go way out of town for an operation....

we would have been your trail leaders on that run. we stood the club up for a good reason and they had to cover us at the last moment.
how did you like the full monkey? it is a great trail for beginners and the hard core due to the by passes. well untill you get to kong.

It reminded me of Iceman - all the obstacles are on the side of the trail. Nice & short. Having done Kong before, the lack of hydro-assist really made the squeeze irritating & got some body damage there. Will be back in a few years........better equipped......

Dusy, Thopmson hill, Chicken Rock, is only 2hrs away.

also Rubicon is about 3hrs away.. however the way California is going i may be coming to run the Pebbles ..:D

Looks like a rough ride ..

It reminded me of Iceman - all the obstacles are on the side of the trail. Nice & short. Having done Kong before, the lack of hydro-assist really made the squeeze irritating & got some body damage there. Will be back in a few years........better equipped......

yeh, I got a dent in the door on that one also. it is a TIGHT spot.
HPIM1554.jpg

you can see the first dent in that pic.. I just could not get through with out tipping up into that rock.. this is one of the trails that has the width restriction..

Last edited:
Dusy, Thopmson hill, Chicken Rock, is only 2hrs away.

also Rubicon is about 3hrs away.. however the way California is going i may be coming to run the Pebbles ..:D

Looks like a rough ride ..

it is just an awesome time,,,burnt hot dogs over an open fire, good meals at the shack, or burnt dogs on the trail. it is like 200 people that don't know each other getting together for a heck of a good time. that is why we trail lead each year. it is a hellll of alot of work.. but so much fun.... you watch the newbies,, the supposed experienced..

Pretty sure that pretty little truck isnt gonna come out so nice on this one..............:flipoff2:
2008moab 051.jpg
2008moab 052.jpg

Pretty sure that pretty little truck isnt gonna come out so nice on this one

Helldorado wasn't offered as an organized TLCA run when I was out there for CM '00, or I woulda done it. :flipoff2: I'm sure if a stock wagon can run that trail, I wouldn't have much trouble, except for the waterfall part :meh: I know you like posting pics of other folks wheelin, but where are pics of you driving Proving Grounds?

anymore pictures of full monkey..
BHCC2007006.jpg

Last edited:
nice line on rocker knocker there.

I guess I ment a web site with your pictures on it.

Pictures that you would not mind me adding to the web site picture page.
I didn't see one picture of your rig in the pictures that I got for that run.
thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom