What is it worth? 96,lockers,leather, etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It has 202,000 miles, 2 owners in California, lockers, leather, cold ac,running boards,trailer hitch,3rd seat,privacy glass, 2 airbags, roof rack. Body and exterior are rated 8/10, no leaks, everything works, white with tan interior

Did they give a wanted amount? I wouldnt say its worth too much, Without pic's and all I would say possibly $6-8,000.00 I would check the service record and do some poking around to see if there is anr rust, It has a roof rack, Is it the stock one? Make sure things work, Lockers tend to freeze up from lack of use.
Good luck

Search around under my name,

I just got a 1996 145k green lockers, leather, very good condition, $6995

a "good" toyota dealer in my area (Miller Toyota in Manassas) has a Red 95 w/157K, no roofrack, with lockers for an ask of $11,5. i bought my crusier there 2 1/2 years ago and they came down about $1k off their ask after a good amount of negotiating.

regional pricing is just crazy!

I have just finished "Shopping" for cruisers and here is my $.02.

How much would you pay? What is asking? Anything over $10k would be out of line. If you could get it between $5-10 you are probably in the ball park. Again, you have to be the judge, how much is it worth to you? Super Duper clean with all records and a recent birf job pay more. if not less.

Alot of sellers don't know what these trucks can do as far as miles if well maintained. A seller who is not as informed as some may be ready to dump a 202k truck. Play that fiddle and see what song the seller sings. Point out how much a birf job and all the other maint you are going to have to do is going to cost.

Good luck.

Fly Rod

floydturbo said:
It has 202,000 miles, 2 owners in California, lockers, leather, cold ac,running boards,trailer hitch,3rd seat,privacy glass, 2 airbags, roof rack. Body and exterior are rated 8/10, no leaks, everything works, white with tan interior

My brother paid $13,000 in January '05 for a 97 collectors edition (similar description as above + all service and records from San Diego area selling dealer) with @120,000 miles.

202k miles is a lot, even to a cruiser head. I would guess $5k to $7k.

ultimauk said:
Search around under my name,

I just got a 1996 145k green lockers, leather, very good condition, $6995

Good deal, I paid $8000 for a 158k green no lockers. In the end I added front and rear ARBS for $2700, oh well now I have the cruiser I really wanted.

Biff said:
Good deal, I paid $8000 for a 158k green no lockers. In the end I added front and rear ARBS for $2700, oh well now I have the cruiser I really wanted.

I didn't post that to thumb my nose up at anyone on this board.

I just want everyone to know that as of 3 weeks ago, a 96 could have been had for that price, vs 3 or 2 or 1 year ago that mr. x paid $14k, or $12k, or even $10k before.

When someone comes to a forum asking what a certain cruiser's worth, he probably wants to know the answer in TODAYS market. Of course the flip side of this is Mr seller thinks his cruiser is worth what he basically paid 3 or 2 or 1 year(s) ago also.

Any normal person, (yes this excludes 100% of the forum members) has to look at any vehicle with 200k miles and say to him selves "how much is this thing worth, and I'm scared of the mileage". This is THE GOLDEN RULE for us cruiser heads, we know what it is (LC's still rock with 200k), and 99% of the average population "thinks" they know, but if they really did they wouldn't be selling the rig.

This is your buying weapon, smite thy opponent.

ultimauk said:
I didn't post that to thumb my nose up at anyone on this board.

I just want everyone to know that as of 3 weeks ago, a 96 could have been had for that price, vs 3 or 2 or 1 year ago that mr. x paid $14k, or $12k, or even $10k before.

When someone comes to a forum asking what a certain cruiser's worth, he probably wants to know the answer in TODAYS market. Of course the flip side of this is Mr seller thinks his cruiser is worth what he basically paid 3 or 2 or 1 year(s) ago also.

Any normal person, (yes this excludes 100% of the forum members) has to look at any vehicle with 200k miles and say to him selves "how much is this thing worth, and I'm scared of the mileage". This is THE GOLDEN RULE for us cruiser heads, we know what it is (LC's still rock with 200k), and 99% of the average population "thinks" they know, but if they really did they wouldn't be selling the rig.

This is your buying weapon, smite thy opponent.

Never said you did, just commented it was a good deal.

At that milage all bets are off.
I completely depends on the service record, whats been replaced, rust, tires, sound system, etc.
Hell there are fj-60's, 40's out there for more.
Anything with that kind of miles needs to be thoroghly checked by a trusted pro.
You will need to know the compression and have a sniffer check the emissions.
Then you can lay down the $$ for a rig you know is good.

I sell cars for a living

I think this is first post but....I have been on Pirate forever. I also have a 84 runner with a 300+ hp 4.3, locked up of course, double cases, and the wife hates it.....yeah it takes some doing keeping it cool on the trail.

But I sell BMWs for a living. I have access to auctions and every yota dealership you want. I looked and looked through ever dealer to find a 80 with lockers. (To find my best deal)_ 2 years worth!!

I finally payed 11K for a 96 with 102,000 on it. oh yeah....off ebay. 2 owners and all records from new. All at the dealership. Tell me that does not make car salesman crazy!

Had that truck been traded in on my lot. It would have been a 5-6k truck. The owner would have never traded it and sold it them selves. I guess with out going on a rant.

SOME THING IS WORTH WHAT SOME ONE WILL PAY YOU. If you a pay a bit more.....or alot more if you are happy......RUN WITH THE BALL!!!!

Rick

rootbass said:
But I sell BMWs for a living. I have access to auctions and every yota dealership you want. I looked and looked through ever dealer to find a 80 with lockers. (To find my best deal)_ 2 years worth!!

I finally payed 11K for a 96 with 102,000 on it. oh yeah....off ebay. 2 owners and all records from new. All at the dealership. Tell me that does not make car salesman crazy!

Had that truck been traded in on my lot. It would have been a 5-6k truck. The owner would have never traded it and sold it them selves. I guess with out going on a rant.

SOME THING IS WORTH WHAT SOME ONE WILL PAY YOU. If you a pay a bit more.....or alot more if you are happy......RUN WITH THE BALL!!!!

Rick

well said!!!

the Cruiser is on the high side for miles.. definitely will need to get looked at as it could go either way. if things like Color and Options (like locking diffs) matter to you then it might cost you a little more add to the search time. as well I think the car being in California more often than not should add to the price as it should not have been exposed to much road salt...

If it helps I paid 5700.00 for my 94 with lockers and 201,000 new paint... needed some work put all in all nice rig ....

floydturbo said:

Mine is exactly like yours. The only difference is mine had 95,000 miles and one owner. I bought it in March of this year and I paid 10.5k. It came with full service records, and according to the owner (a soccer mom in Manhattan Beach), it never left the pavement. A lot of people said I got a really good deal. Make of it what you will. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Cruiser in good condition with that many miles, but I would certainly not want to pay the same as a similar truck with less wear and tear. Most vehicles are starting to die or are dead at 200,000 miles. I'd be sure and play that card during the haggling process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom