What if you need new springs but don't want a lift or only 1 inch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yeah but you have that killer green patina protecting you and yours. You must rub in the back sometimes? Or just very soft driving? Ok, I won't worry about a lift then.

If you run the inside of the tub with the sidewall of your tire who cares? If won’t bind. You might have to paint it on occasion.

If you run the inside of the tub with the sidewall of your tire who cares? If won’t bind. You might have to paint it on occasion.

I figured it would mangle it up somehow. Crush it. A little rubbing? Hey, that sounds sexy.

If you get non stock wheels and some
Super wide mud whomping tires you will wreck your rear fender if it is uncut but if you stay stock wheel and get some
33x10.50 you will be fine.

Replace your bushings and get some new shocks and keep your $1000

If you get non stock wheels and some
Super wide mud whomping tires you will wreck your rear fender if it is uncut but if you stay stock wheel and get some
33x10.50 you will be fine.

Replace your bushings and get some new shocks and keep your $1000

Oooo I like the sound of this! I got the new bushings last year as the old ones were completely frozen and springs didn't move but due to some accidents in the truck's past the U-bolts are all tweaked/warped and springs are torqued a bit. Probably doesn't help much. Front rails have been broken and welded crooked, too. But that's called character. I think I'll take your advice for now and just get new U-bolts and shocks. From that silver streak in your wheel well looks like you might have Bilsteins?

Oh, and my 31s are only 10.5 wide, 15 inch wheels. I like the size. 33s are great too.

This may help. My rig with CCOT designer lift, 16 inch wheels 235/85 tires:

20170508_182218.jpg

My rig with same lift, 15 inch stock rims and 33x10.5 tires

20170508_174920.jpg

I like the 235/85 way better for the way I use my rig.

Where are you located? I have stock springs that aren't very old with no sag (see pic) that I was going to list for pretty cheap ($200-250) once I put my 2.5" lift on. I don't plan on doing this until fall/winter, so if you can wait, I can give you a shout once I do it. The first pic is with 31x10.5's, (taken a year ago) and the second pic is with 33x10.5's on the stock springs (taken in March). Even with the 33's, I don't get any rubbing. I just want to sit a little higher with the 33's.

So if you're interested, and live somewhat close to North Idaho, or want to pay for shipping, let me know.
upload_2018-7-17_12-9-59.png

upload_2018-7-17_12-11-45.png

Thanks, Borrego. I appreciate your offer. I'm in MA. Couldn't get much farther from you. I won't be around come this fall unfortunately. I'll be back to Thailand...

Def a good question! Did you find the 33s too cumbersome?

I have the HFS 2.5" designer lift. 1 1/2 inch barbell shackles. I didnt like the balloon look of the 33's on the skinny stock rims. I am an old school tall and skinny tire guy. IMO, the 16" wheel tire combo rides drives, and steers way better than the 33's. To each his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom