What did you do with your Tundra or Sequoia this weekend? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

drove to bonham texas for a birthday party, slept, got up and drove back to colorado.

Drove it to the Keys for a week of fishing and took a day trip to Key West. ~1,500 miles round trip

full

CV boot swap on the drivers side so far. Went with the SDHQ boots. Appear to be identical to OEM. Took about 45min to do the drivers side. Everything came apart easily. Had to stop because I didn't have the clamp compression tool and it was sunday evening so nobody was open.

It's a few weeks back, but I'll share a pic of the Tundra at Lake Powell for the weekend. Drove about 20mi back on dirt/4wd tracks to a remote camping spot with no neighbors. The shell is a custom OVRLND camper.

IMG_20190428_131256573.jpg

IMG_20190427_164004339.jpg

IMG_20190427_163932135.jpg

IMG_20190427_152407389.jpg

Another week of wire brushing and grinding rust and corrosealing bottom side of my 04’ . Trying to keep my Big Tree from being eaten by brown metal termites. Luckily the frame is solid, but some body panel edges, trailer hitch and axle need some love. Rear diff cover was REALLY pitted! Kind of concerned about developing pinhole leak. Anyone else have experience with this.

Nice! How do you like the tires?

And where are the falls?
So far, so good. I haven't pushed them on anything, but they have good road manners and the dirt we did that weekend never incurred a slip. The wife likes the sidewall tread look, so that's a win.

For the falls, we did #4 (pictured), #5 (big water, some crowds, and the occasional group of rafts/kayaks), and #17 (favorite of the day). You can drive quite a ways to 17, past the minivans at the first parking spot, and Subarus pulled off before a few declines, and to the gated parking area.

So far, so good. I haven't pushed them on anything, but they have good road manners and the dirt we did that weekend never incurred a slip. The wife likes the sidewall tread look, so that's a win.

For the falls, we did #4 (pictured), #5 (big water, some crowds, and the occasional group of rafts/kayaks), and #17 (favorite of the day). You can drive quite a ways to 17, past the minivans at the first parking spot, and Subarus pulled off before a few declines, and to the gated parking area.
Thanks! You've given me some destination ideas!

I replaced ripped leather on the drivers and passengers front seats, as well as replaced all interior lighting with 6000k LEDs. It made a world of difference on the Sequoia. Next up is Paint, on the worlds slowest restoration.

I replaced ripped leather on the drivers and passengers front seats, as well as replaced all interior lighting with 6000k LEDs. It made a world of difference on the Sequoia. Next up is Paint, on the worlds slowest restoration.
How did you do the leather? That is on my list too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom