What did you do with your truck this week? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did this.

Finally got around to installing my bilsteins on the front set on 4th clip should be almost 2” in front next weekend will be the back going to see how much stock springs from an 80 will give me

C53870DD-EDB5-4159-A27B-49C7803FCAB3.jpeg

DBEEE1E4-618E-4171-A222-E5F89997A6C1.jpeg

My guess is noise reduction.

The Vortec airbox that was on our donor engine had something similar "inline" like that.

Turns out Toyota calls it a silencer, so there ya go.
1568823595448.png

C249432C-A649-4743-AB60-243500A9E46A.jpeg

Got a “new” one! 😬

Was going to bring it to the meet tomorrow but ran out of daylight. Decent bones but rough body. Need to overhaul the cooling system (brown radiator and original PHH) and grease things up a bit before I go anywhere. All the oils are fresh and knuckle job supposedly 9K miles ago but I will have to dig in a bit to check condition as BIRF housing looks pretty dry. Lots of wiring I need to clean up.

View attachment 2086385
Got a “new” one! 😬

Was going to bring it to the meet tomorrow but ran out of daylight. Decent bones but rough body. Need to overhaul the cooling system (brown radiator and original PHH) and grease things up a bit before I go anywhere. All the oils are fresh and knuckle job supposedly 9K miles ago but I will have to dig in a bit to check condition as BIRF housing looks pretty dry. Lots of wiring I need to clean up.

I'm going to need more details at the meeting tomorrow.

Cooling system overhaul and some "while you're in there" stuff

Radiator and large hoses
PHH
Almost PHH and TB heater line
Heater valve and associated hoses
10k fluid in fan clutch
New belt (that parts store special was toast)
Discovered AC iddler was seized (probably looks like Rob's)
Fusible link. As with the LX I was going to swap it in case and keep the old one as a backup, but it was toast)

Ripped out PO's wiring mess too. There is a barely used Blue Sea fuse block under the dash but a dozen small wires and in-line fuses attached directly to the battery along with 50amp glass fuse. Several 12v outlets and the light bar to clean up now. Winch works at least.

On step #6.

Here's what I did on Saturday, and I haven't run off the road and died yet.

PO "The brakes were just done"

The fronts looked good so I thought I could keep this task off the list. Got some squeel from the rear driving it on a heating cycle to burp the cooling system and checked the rear brakes closer. No pad left. WTF?! Was hoping to bring this one for the Annual tomorrow but I am a little further behind now.

Did the brakes last week and flushed the Guinness that was in the brake lines. More “All the fluids are fresh” BS. The power steering flush was also productive in purging some dark mystery fluid. This morning the transmission pan was drained and refilled but it did look okay.

Taking a break from the fluids, the steering wheel needed fixed. I’m not a fan of the cover that was on it even if it was in good condition. I did a stitch wrap on the LX and have been happy with it so go another. The spokes were in good condition so I skipped the full wrap.
As it came:
159E064B-C2B2-46E7-9238-7E73EBF48DF0.jpeg

Underneath :
37AE87CA-B380-4D15-B0F3-4CE5F01906BA.jpeg

It doesn’t fit, until it does.
B275D1E8-490D-4406-B77C-E100F8CFFD6C.jpeg

Intentionally lighter color but maybe lighter than I had in mind. Matches the OPs muddy thumbprint on the horn. Feels good though.
074E235E-27AA-4AAF-82F9-F8D0A92927F9.jpeg

Thinking about the stitch wrap myself. Any recommendations on brands/ sources and advice on Pitfalls during install?

Thinking about the stitch wrap myself. Any recommendations on brands/ sources and advice on Pitfalls during install?
Used this one, size M. AULLY PARK Universal Car Steering Wheel Cover Genuine Leather Stitch On Wrap (Size M, Beige) Amazon product ASIN B018FM51IA
Watch this vid.

Give yourself 2 hours to do it. Once you get started and in a rhythm it goes pretty quick. Count the holes on the backside when going around the spokes instead of guessing or you will guess wrong and find it misaligned.

If you want to do it in full Lexus mode, then try this:

If you want to do it in full Lexus mode, then try this:
Those are pretty! Really tempted to use their vented seats when it is time to sink cash into that area.

Finally ditching the 8" axle housing. My stock axle is cursed.

This diff was just rebuilt in June and it shed 2+ teeth. I checked all the hardware before our trip to SCC and even checked them again after first day on trails. Nothing loose. Started whining on the drive home from Hot Springs and by day 2 back at work there was a clank. Parked it until I could look at it and pulled the 3rd on Saturday. Checked the pattern, still runs smooth and clean except for the missing teeth. Dugan even said, nothing wrong with the gear setup. Hoping for some warranty consideration from Nitro on the new set of gears for the 8.2 third.

I found a 8.2" full axle assembly in Columbia, SC that's getting delivered to ACC tomorrow. I will have to regear the 3rd to match my 4.56s, but should be a 1 for 1 swap, with the exception of the 4wd sensor and e-locker actuator (harness re-pinning).

reardiff_2019-10-19-jpg.2112649

New one to me! While tracing the PO’s aux wiring and vacuuming patches of dirt in the corners I noticed the tailgate cover had more give than the LX and decided to pop it off to see if there was anything done underneath (fingers crossed that it was already set up for storage). Nope, looked normal except an odd hole. Looking closer I realized it could be nothing but a bullet hole. Inside I found the bondo repair on the tailgate exterior. Definitely a handgun, maybe a .40. I gotta find where it went from there now, but also found the factory lug wrench in the fender well so there was some silver lining.
513F62D2-EAAB-4DDC-BD42-AFC187287883.jpeg

I would guess that it the round went into some of the previous owner's gear.
Probably. There is a slight downward angle but the drawer system keeps me from really inspecting the carpet area. I didn’t see anything on the seats.

Well, let's try this one on for size...

'94 Trips Lock, White on Gray, 319K on Ticker.... set hut!

View attachment 2120203View attachment 2120204View attachment 2120206

Thanks @ErikinSC
Friendly LCLC member.

Time to stand in line for @Trollhole to get an overview to be sure were baselined.
Just know that you and I are both on @Beau Diddly list - as he spied the TLC before I did. I just happened to find it on CL before Tim knew about it.

I wish you miles and smiles !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom