What did you do with your truck this week?

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
SILVER Star

The axle that was shipped to me from Columbia was not correctly identified and they picked it back up. They sent me an unlocked axle from a 4R and mistakenly thought it was a locked axle because the VIN identification said "center diff lock" LOL

Got a 2012 FJC axle from Grover, NC and planning on throwing it under the truck this weekend. Surprisingly they didn't hack up all the brake lines and e-brake cables.

Rear8.2axle (1).JPG

JToobe

SILVER Star
Bone head move... I took out the 2 phillips screws on the VAF (22250-66010). I AM AN IDIOT.

I hope to try and re-solder/ connect, get a refurbished, find a salvage, or chance it on a Chinese aftermarket. Not sure what to do since they are Discontinued...

If anyone else is brave enough to admit this failure, let me know how you fixed it...

For reference: FJ80 3FE Air Flow Meter VAF Stupidity!!

Bone head move... I took out the 2 phillips screws on the VAF (22250-66010). I AM AN IDIOT.

I hope to try and re-solder/ connect, get a refurbished, find a salvage, or chance it on a Chinese aftermarket. Not sure what to do since they are Discontinued...

If anyone else is brave enough to admit this failure, let me know how you fixed it...

For reference: FJ80 3FE Air Flow Meter VAF Stupidity!!
Brave enough to admit it. :) Was able to re-solder and carry on. I did pick a spare up out of a junkyard via car-part.com to have just in case.

Top Bottom