What did you do with your trailer this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

About to swap my 270 awning to the trailer. Does anyone have any nice mounting suggestions?

I don’t think I want adjustable height, and I’ll just sit it above my head height a few inches as I’m the tallest in my group. And the way my trailer is setup I think it’ll be easier unless I use some of the super fancy folding hinge setups.

Pic for reference as it’ll be a driver side 270

4934FE8F-C20D-4E03-A257-18FD29573772.jpeg

Pic for reference as it’ll be a driver side 270

View attachment 3340686
That little LC. Where did you get that? Love it

Maybe come off the 2 upright supports that hold the cross braces under your RTT? Will take up some of the window area of that side but would/could work

That little LC. Where did you get that? Love it

Maybe come off the 2 upright supports that hold the cross braces under your RTT? Will take up some of the window area of that side but would/could work

That’s my mounting thought too, I actually went and looked closer last night it won’t be as difficult as I originally thought. Just time and metal.

The little RC cruiser was an Amazon purchase for his birthday. It’s a cool little 80 series.

Awesome little truck!

Getting the height you want may be the challenging thing and keep it clean and stable

Another need input question.. Josh ordered a spare wheel for the trailer. I didn’t have one due to the 200 matching wheel and tires. Didn’t feel the need to have 2 spares. Well the 200 has 35s now and the trailer 33s. Plus I have an extra 33” tire so why not.

Question is do I build a swing out (I have everything to do so)?

Or just put it underneath on a oem style winch?

The swing out opens up all kinda of storage/ another table. I currently cook on the tailgate and having another spot to cook and opening up the tailgate for other use would be pretty clutch.
Also considering a tire table to cook on, but it means one more thing to store and having to walk around to get to the tailgate prep area.

The underneath mounting puts the weight that much lower..

The water tank is coming out of the interior and going under the trailer soon, so that moves a decent amount of weight down lower. It’s currently very stable.

First world problems

Bumping this back up. Last weekend accomplished a couple things on the trailer.

Added another 5 gallons of drinking water, added a 1 gallon container for the diesel heater fuel, added a side mount table for food prep/ flat surface.

I’ve decided the spare is going under the trailer on a simple stud mount. It’ll be a pain in the ass to get out if I need it, but better than no spare.

Headed on a 5k mile trip in 6 weeks so in full maintenance mode and trip prep. Added another adult couple to the mix so storage inside the trailer is more important now.

Currently trying to figure out how to get the diesel heater and water heater outside the trailer.

B16CF14C-78FC-494D-834B-FD4DDBA7CC38.jpeg

7F3A015F-EBD4-4F39-A765-603A66DB427D.jpeg

9141F5EF-A9E2-40EC-947A-A2255E3814D7.jpeg

FWIW under this trailer we used an S-10's spare tire cable winch. The drive connection is a lug nut of the same hex size as the trailer's lug nuts, so the same lug nut tool can raise and lower the spare. Can *just* see it peaking out from under the rear bumper.

i-x35ppMf.jpg

FWIW under this trailer we used an S-10's spare tire cable winch. The drive connection is a lug nut of the same hex size as the trailer's lug nuts, so the same lug nut tool can raise and lower the spare. Can *just* see it peaking out from under the rear bumper.

i-x35ppMf.jpg

I have a spare tire winch off another truck I could use with modification.. the lug nut size is a good idea.

Bumping this back up. Last weekend accomplished a couple things on the trailer.

Added another 5 gallons of drinking water, added a 1 gallon container for the diesel heater fuel, added a side mount table for food prep/ flat surface.

I’ve decided the spare is going under the trailer on a simple stud mount. It’ll be a pain in the ass to get out if I need it, but better than no spare.

Headed on a 5k mile trip in 6 weeks so in full maintenance mode and trip prep. Added another adult couple to the mix so storage inside the trailer is more important now.

Currently trying to figure out how to get the diesel heater and water heater outside the trailer.

View attachment 3383889

View attachment 3383890

View attachment 3383891
Looking good there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom