What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Look great, who did the powder coating?
Precision Powder Coating
Look great, who did the powder coating?
Thanks Precision Coating in Chattanooga Precision Coating - Chattanooga Tennessee - Powder Coating - Sand Blast
They did a great job and they were super fast. I dropped them off Wednesday and picked them up the next day.

4A51E4F4-3132-4C9C-8582-F1575017189A.jpeg

02FB0478-30D0-4049-B994-85F9D226ADC5.jpeg

Ordered Melvill and Moon seat covers, Escape Gear dash pad and Metal Tech Sliders.....debating on what front bumper I like/need.....the ARB standby is practical but I really like the look of the AOE....I know I need branch guards on occasion and it looks like the AOE hoops might sit a little too low for wires to keep from scratching hood.

Looks nice. For a 3" lift it seems like there's not much tire clearance for the 35's. Particularly in the front I think I had almost twice the clearance between the flare and tire with my 3" lift. Do you have a hub center to flare measurement?
Agreed. That looks more like 1" or 2" max.

That’s what I thought too....measured before and after and had just under 3” difference in back and .75” less up front...might have to add a 1” puck in there..???

That’s what I thought too....measured before and after and had just under 3” difference in back and .75” less up front...might have to add a 1” puck in there..???

Flex it out and see what rubs. If it doesn't rub, then no need for a spacer unless the rake bothers you. I would probably add a front spacer just because I'm not a fan of the stinkbug look.

Flex it out and see what rubs. If it doesn't rub, then no need for a spacer unless the rake bothers you. I would probably add a front spacer just because I'm not a fan of the stinkbug look.

I agree....guy that helped put it on said it would settle and I will be adding a dual swing out so that will drop it a bit....

project 37's on 3" lift continues...
after moving the front axle forward the front bumper and front area of the inner fenders needing to be clearanced a bit to stuff the 37x13.50's at full compression.
This is after cutting the front bumper wing. It was aligned with the back edge of the flare originally, so I removed ~2" from the wing.
80 mods by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

This shot shows the inner fender/core support area that was also contacting the tires.

First cut of inner fender.

The core support section was cut back as well although not quite as far. I'll be moving the AC condenser soon but for now it's still in the stock location.

Cardboard Aided Design template to cap the bumper

little hard to see in this pic but this is all finished up. "Custom" rubber inner fender liner secured in place to stop the tires from thowing mud etc into the cavity of the core support or inside the inner fender.

Also added an aluminum edge to the front and back of my attic rack to keep items from sliding off.

Why not Heim joints or Johnny Joints?
What like everyone else where is the innovation in that.:singing:
I want/need something that has joints on both ends that were sealed, unbendable, and adjustable uppers.

What like everyone else where is the innovation in that.:singing:
I want/need something that has joints on both ends that were sealed, unbendable, and adjustable uppers.

No sense in reinventing the wheel ;) Curious what you're ideas are though, Johnny Joints seem like they fit the bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom