What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great. I would have really liked to have 4 lights on my new grill like yours, but it only came with 3.
Easy remedy......I bought my lights off Amazon for $20. They snap right in.

LED Grille Lights with 4 leads Harness & Fuse,4Pcs ABS Plastic Auto Grille LED Lights Front Bumper Cover Lamp Fit for Toyota Tacoma 2016, 2017, 2018,2019 TRD PRO Grille (Yellow) Amazon product ASIN B091YBWSLD

Looks great. I would have really liked to have 4 lights on my new grill like yours, but it only came with 3.
Amazon ftw 🤷

Easy remedy......I bought my lights off Amazon for $20. They snap right in.

LED Grille Lights with 4 leads Harness & Fuse,4Pcs ABS Plastic Auto Grille LED Lights Front Bumper Cover Lamp Fit for Toyota Tacoma 2016, 2017, 2018,2019 TRD PRO Grille (Yellow) Amazon product ASIN B091YBWSLD
Oh no :bang:
I got it professionally installed few days ago since I'm not good at this kind of stuff. Let me see if I can figure out how to swap with a 4 leads harness...I doubt I can.

Oh no :bang:
I got it professionally installed few days ago since I'm not good at this kind of stuff. Let me see if I can figure out how to swap with a 4 leads harness...I doubt I can.
Take a pic of how they installed. I'm sure I can walk you through it. 👊🏽

Added some Baja lights on the front bumper. Happy with the look, the light output and the mounting.

IMG_20211016_091625051_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211016_091610592.jpg
IMG_20211016_091540978.jpg
IMG_20211016_091622913.jpg

Nice subtle light location!

Adjusted E brake cable (via cupholder method). Replaced the front diff plug today. I had to get it out a fun way....
IMG_3457.jpg

IMG_3458.jpg

^^^
The front diff plugs on these are a real PITA. I'm on my second front diff and both have had incredibly difficult plugs to pull.

Thankfully, I never got to the point that I had to involve the welder. Congrats on getting it out one way or another.

^^^
The front diff plugs on these are a real PITA. I'm on my second front diff and both have had incredibly difficult plugs to pull.

Thankfully, I never got to the point that I had to involve the welder. Congrats on getting it out one way or another.
I don’t know when the fluids were last changed, but after a few years of ownership we finally changed out the fluid properly. I did fluid changeout when I changed out the CV axle, but this was a proper way and man it needed it!

Ugh, plug. 😫

Moar info on brake adjustment? Gotta do that one too. 🤙
Regarding the brake adjust, this adjusted the tension. I access the tension nut (not sure of the true name) by pulling up on the cup holder and used a 12mm to tighten the nut. When you put the parking brake through its motions, you will see how everything moves and the nut will be obvious.

Getting closer on finalizing the rear swing out. Trail jack and jerry can mounts bolted up and clearanced. Just need to add another piece to stabilize the jerry can mount better. Then pull it all off to coat it all and redo the bracing inside the door. Slowly getting it figured out..

PSX_20211018_083321.jpg

Regarding the differential plugs, they should not be terrible to remove, the torque spec is around 30-40 ft-lbs IIRC. Maybe they were over-torqued by the P.O. or whoever changed it last time? It's probably also a good idea to put some anti-seize on the threads. They came right out on my GX with is a MO vehicle and wasn't exactly pristine underneath, so the only thing I can think is that these are over-torqued at some point along the way.

I found that both bits I had to fit the plug had slop in them. Almost like the plug was SAE and I was trying to metric. Between a combination of the plug likely being over tightened and a s***ty Allen key design, mine started to round out.
I did go with some anti-seize and a new plug so hopefully next go round isn't as terrible.

I may change it to a proper bolt like the rear diff.

Front diff fill plug is 29 ft/lb and drain is 48 ft/lb (or so I thought). My case was the previous owner, or shop, messed it up bad. There is much documentation on the drain plug having issues. I really like the 14mm hex plug (toyota part 90341-24016) compared to the 10mm female design. I already had washers to use, but the part didn't come with one. Unless you do your own maintenance 100%, you will likely find that some shop (even dealer) uses the wrong tool or something else that results in overtightening/torguqing and causing problems down the road.

In other news, OhanaRig modular dash mount and rear door handle comes in today!:popcorn:

Getting closer on finalizing the rear swing out. Trail jack and jerry can mounts bolted up and clearanced. Just need to add another piece to stabilize the jerry can mount better. Then pull it all off to coat it all and redo the bracing inside the door. Slowly getting it figured out..

View attachment 2815222
Beautiful picture. Swingout looks great

Beautiful picture. Swingout looks great
Thanks. Swing out is working great.

I just can't seem to settle on anything. Keep switching things up.

She's getting there. Going to chop and angle the bull bar a little. I have some headlights I'm retro fitting. I also need to adjust front suspension.......bumper install brought it down a bit more than my liking.

PSX_20211018_082605.jpg

Regarding the brake adjust, this adjusted the tension. I access the tension nut (not sure of the true name) by pulling up on the cup holder and used a 12mm to tighten the nut. When you put the parking brake through its motions, you will see how everything moves and the nut will be obvious.
Rad, so via removing cup holder, NOT entire console (as i'd assumed)?
Thanks. (Honest caveat, I know it needs to be adjusted but haven't looked into the process for access)

Thanks. Swing out is working great.

I just can't seem to settle on anything. Keep switching things up.

She's getting there. Going to chop and angle the bull bar a little. I have some headlights I'm retro fitting. I also need to adjust front suspension.......bumper install brought it down a bit more than my liking.

View attachment 2815389
What are you planning on doing different, if anything, on the new headlights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom