What could have caused my LX 570 to show "Check PCS System" on dashboard? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, here's what I tried with my 2014 LX 570. I turned on MTS for rock and climbed a small hill. After that's done, I turned off MTS and then I got this on the dashboard. What could have caused this? Regardless if I moved to 4H, it still shows 4LO and the CHECK PCS SYTEM with the orange triangle plus exclamation in the middle icon on the dashboard. I couldn't figure out why. I turned off the engine and turn back on but nothing changed. I finally turned off the engine, got out of the vehicle, and let it sit for like 10 minutes or so then start the vehicle again and everything looks normal. Any idea why? This is the first time I tried MTS since I purchased the vehicle. I'm afraid to try MTS again if this keeps happening again.

Okay, so what should I turned off or turn on before using MTS? Again, this is my first try and so I'm not sure if I did it right. Should I turned off traction, parking assist, and RCA before using MTS/Crawl?

check-pcs-system.jpg

I had this on mine, the radar sensor was dirty, the second time the parking sensor was having an intermittent fault when wet. It would freak out when I tried to put it into 4x4 and cruise would be inop when it was acting up. Hope this helps

I get that message often when driving in wet snow conditions. The sensor gets covered and can't see anymore.

Is there a way to turn off this PCS system on the 2014 LX 570 when off-roading? If not, it's very useful is it. Are you referring to the sensors in the front bumper?

Is there a way to turn off this PCS system on the 2014 LX 570 when off-roading? If not, it's very useful is it. Are you referring to the sensors in the front bumper?
Pretty sure there is no way to disable it. No the sensor is in the grille behind the big L badge.

So that means if one is off-roading and any dust or dirt covers the sensor this error will show up again then. What about snow? I assumed snow will do the same thing. This is a bad design then if that's the case. I was looking at this YouTube video and it shows there is a button to turn off PCS. However, I'm afraid I don't have that on the 2014 LX 570 model.
turn-off-pcs.png

When I just disabled my cruise, or disabled my parking sensors it stopped the issue for me. My buttons are all around the steering wheel and I have never had the problem in my wife's LX so I apologize I'm of no help

What about snow? I assumed snow will do the same thing. This is a bad design then if that's the case.
Yes, a light coating of snow will block the sensor and it will throw that message on the dash. Easy to fix, just wipe it off, restart the truck and it's fine.

Some people b***h about the computers that are taking over some simple driving tasks, but I guarantee you that when it matters, it is much faster to react then you will ever be. I've had mine trigger twice when deer ran out in front of me, and it got the truck safely stopped before I was able to get my foot on the brake. The seatbelt also yanks you back in the seat, it's like the truck is saying "I got this...". I would not disable it even if I could.

Yes, a light coating of snow will block the sensor and it will throw that message on the dash. Easy to fix, just wipe it off, restart the truck and it's fine.

Some people b***h about the computers that are taking over some simple driving tasks, but I guarantee you that when it matters, it is much faster to react then you will ever be. I've had mine trigger twice when deer ran out in front of me, and it got the truck safely stopped before I was able to get my foot on the brake. The seatbelt also yanks you back in the seat, it's like the truck is saying "I got this...". I would not disable it even if I could.
Unrelated to the initial issue but if, let's say, I have the adapted cruise control on with the PCS system, will the vehicle come to a full stop if the vehicle ahead stops?

Unrelated to the initial issue but if, let's say, I have the adapted cruise control on with the PCS system, will the vehicle come to a full stop if the vehicle ahead stops?
I *think* the adaptive cruise shuts off eventually, like around 20 mph, so no it won't stop the truck if you encounter traffic. But if you don't hit the brakes, then the PCS will wake up and stop it. It's more of a panic stop, not something you'd want to intentionally use.

I *think* the adaptive cruise shuts off eventually, like around 20 mph, so no it won't stop the truck if you encounter traffic. But if you don't hit the brakes, then the PCS will wake up and stop it. It's more of a panic stop, not something you'd want to intentionally use.
Wow, good to know. I have a 2018 Subaru Legacy and the adaptive cruise control actually stops the vehicle if the vehicle in front stops for traffic light or for any reason. I wonder if the 2016-2021 LX 570 stops the vehicle or not. Thanks for the clarification.

As data points, my 13 didn't have any way to disable PCS, but my 16 has a switch to disable it. I spent a long time on the phone with Toyota trying to figure out if there was some way to disable PCS on the 13, but no dice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom